Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferdipooh

HD Video playback lag on ATV582

I have had this device less than a month. It has been sent in for a check up as i lost sound on it. It took support in my country 3 days to figure out that nothing is wrong. When I got it back the sound was still gone. I eventually figured out that running on ethernet it has it's own sound option.

I have little faith in them finding this lag problem.

It seems that all my hd content that I stream from my home pc to the device via ethernet cable lags. Not a lot but every few seconds it shudders. It's driving me crazy as I can't find any answers to the problem. It's doing it in kodi app and via USB device in 4k media app. I used airstream app to test other video player apps as well and it is doing it on all .

If I put the file on a usb direct into my smart tv the file plays with no issues.

File Tipes I'm having issues with: MKV.H264.AC3

My device details:

ATV582

Serial: MG58216070992

Model Number

XS

Android Version:

Build Number:

Voo2M801_20160720

Kernel version:

zpa@zpa 694df11-dirty(20160419.115758

Hope you guys can help me out

MyGica ATV582 do handle 4K content if you are using ethernet then make sure your router is 10/100 or even gigabit would be good, the ATV582 os just 10/100.

I am not sure how you have networked your PC to connect to the router and then to your ATV582. example: FTP, SAMBA, AFP, and how fast is your ethernet connection on your PC.

which software you are using to play the content too.

if you could please let us know it would make it easier to help out.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. A little too late as i have given the device back. My WD streaming live player still does a better job - just not on the 4k.

Ok sorry we couldn't help you further.