Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keaton

ATV582 struggling to find media server

I have a MyGica ATV 582 using an ethernet connection to a laptop running Windows 10. I've used Windows Media Player's facilities to publish music, photo and video libraries from the laptop. I've chosen every possible option to be as inclusive as possible - it's set to automatically allow devices to play media, no customisation of access for the MyGica (although I have set default access to require that content be rated before it can be accessed), the MyGica device shows up on the list of clients under "more streaming options". Another computer (in the same Homegroup) can access these media, as can my PlayStation 3...at various times both the MyGica (through the Media Centre) and my Denon AVR-X1000 amplifier have been able to access it but at other times they couldn't and for some time now no matter what I do neither of those two can find the server. When the MyGica was occasionally finding the server it sometimes needed to have the memory cleared and/or be rebooted before it could detect the server. I've also completely rebuilt the Windows Media Player databases twice to ensure nothing's gone wrong there.

In advanced sharing settings the laptop considers itself to be part of a private network but I have network discovery turned on and file sharing turned on and allow Windows to manage connections, same settings for Guest/Public networks. Under the All Networks section I have Public folder sharing on, 128-bit encryption (the default) remains on and I've turned off password protected sharing - ie. I've done almost everything I can think of to make things as wide open as possible without effect which includes exposing my media to tenants who share my network, hence the setting to share only rated content.

Can anyone out there suggest where I might be going wrong on a setting, or whether recent Windows updates may have changed things, or some way in which the MyGica connects differently from the PlayStation or any way to reliably connect to my media? I've also tried installing Serviio on the laptop with no effect (PlayStation picks that up fine too). I'm happy to install any reasonable app on either laptop or MyGica to resolve this - just need a workable solution please....thanks in advance for any help

process a very quick and easy setup for your MyGica ATV582 using Kodi app or VLC or Mplayer, on your PC or laptop share your movies folder or music as SMB, or AFP or even using FTP, as long as you are inside of your Intranet it should work like charm, and inside of your Kodi Videos//Files// add source and search for your network and folder and share.

no hustle and no worries about anything.

Thanks for the advice...I tried various options suggested, finally managed to setup and test an FTP site on the laptop, Kodi can't find the FTP site, nor the SMB share I previously tried, downloaded Chrome (as the built-in browser can't FTP) and that timed out. I'm now starting to think this is something about networking in general. Both devices are definitely on the same physical LAN with addresses in the same 192.168.0.x address space and using the same router/gateway to the internet, my laptop name can't be resolved in DNS by the MyGica, using the IP address directly instead times out.

Update: I've further installed VLC on the MyGica now - at least it was able to discover my laptop in the Network section but crashes if I try to actually select it. I've also tried one or two further approaches found online such as increasing the IRPStackSize parameter in the registry for the laptop Server service with no effect so far.

Thanks for the advice...I tried various options suggested, finally managed to setup and test an FTP site on the laptop, Kodi can't find the FTP site, nor the SMB share I previously tried, downloaded Chrome (as the built-in browser can't FTP) and that timed out. I'm now starting to think this is something about networking in general. Both devices are definitely on the same physical LAN with addresses in the same 192.168.0.x address space and using the same router/gateway to the internet, my laptop name can't be resolved in DNS by the MyGica, using the IP address directly instead times out.

Update: I've further installed VLC on the MyGica now - at least it was able to discover my laptop in the Network section but crashes if I try to actually select it. I've also tried one or two further approaches found online such as increasing the IRPStackSize parameter in the registry for the laptop Server service with no effect so far.

if the app crashes can you please make sure all software and security are updated via Google play store? because I had that problem nd to fix it I had to log in to google play store.

please update us here to know what happens

I can not duplicate problem here, since it is working perfectly here,

maybe check your proxy settings or ports blocking, cause for us its working with no problems, and apps open the security is updated all. we cannot find the issue here.