Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jsilva

Resolution Issues

Hi there. Purchased a new ATV582 for my father who is running a Toshiba projection TV with no HDMI. I was told that it would work with RCA jacks thru the AV port. It does work; however, when I go to run XBMC, only a quarter of the picture will display. It is only an issue with XBMC video. Cannot change resolution setting in XBMC as it is greyed out. My next step was then to try to run hdmi to DVI since he has a dvi port. This works with the blue ray player, but as soon as I hook up the MyGica box, I only get a black screen. looked up the manual for the TV and it says that any boxes should be switched to 1080i to resolve any handshaking issues. I am unable to set and lock the resolution to 1080i on the box as once I unplug it from one TV and move it to the Projection TV, it resets itself. kind of stuck here, Any insight to getting it to run under the RCA ports or how I can get it to run thru the DVI port? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Hi there. Purchased a new ATV582 for my father who is running a Toshiba projection TV with no HDMI. I was told that it would work with RCA jacks thru the AV port. It does work; however, when I go to run XBMC, only a quarter of the picture will display. It is only an issue with XBMC video. Cannot change resolution setting in XBMC as it is greyed out. My next step was then to try to run hdmi to DVI since he has a dvi port. This works with the blue ray player, but as soon as I hook up the MyGica box, I only get a black screen. looked up the manual for the TV and it says that any boxes should be switched to 1080i to resolve any handshaking issues. I am unable to set and lock the resolution to 1080i on the box as once I unplug it from one TV and move it to the Projection TV, it resets itself. kind of stuck here, Any insight to getting it to run under the RCA ports or how I can get it to run thru the DVI port? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

The problem you are having with RCA in XBMC, will be fixed in our next firmware upgrade which will come with our latest version of XBMC 13.2

Have you tried switching the resolution setting to 720P@60HZ when using DVI? This might make a difference.

Thanks for the reply Justin. Is there an expected release date for the firmware?

With regards to DVI, in order for me to change the setting, I have to plug it into another TV with HDMI as I cannot get anything to show on the projection TV. As soon as I unplug it and move it to a different TV, it resets it to the tv I have plugged in. I have tried it on my TVs to test. I did try 720p and other settings.

Thanks for the reply Justin. Is there an expected release date for the firmware?

With regards to DVI, in order for me to change the setting, I have to plug it into another TV with HDMI as I cannot get anything to show on the projection TV. As soon as I unplug it and move it to a different TV, it resets it to the tv I have plugged in. I have tried it on my TVs to test. I did try 720p and other settings.

In the display settings turn Auto Detect off, and it should stay on the resolution setting you select upon your next power up that you do.

For all boxes I test here at our office I keep auto detect off, and set to 720P@60hz because we have a mixture of TV's here that are 720p and 1080p, so would rather not go through the hassle of no picture on my tv screen.

No release date, as we are still in beta test stages.

I did turn off the Auto Detect and it still would reset.

Ok looking more into this, and will get back to you.

Sorry about the wait

I also just get a blank screen when trying to connect to my Samsung monitor via a hdmi to dvi cable (monitor does not have hdmi input). Problem is not with the cable, because there is display when I connect my laptop and satellite box with the same cable.

having a similar issue

My 1800e, always worked fine, full screen display for browser, Netflix xbmc etc.

The other night while watching a show on xbmc I sat on the QWERTY remote and the display shrank to the lower left corner, quarter size, and I can't for the life of me get it back.all other programs work fine but when I open xbmc it is only quarter size!,,,

Can anyone help me get xbmc back to full size.