Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finger

ATV1800e DTS-MasterAudio passthrough

Hi all ATV1800e(ATV582 ) owners,

I'd like to ask you few things about 1800e(582) models:

- can it passtrough (bitstream) DTS Master Audio/Dolby TrueHD to receiver,

- can it play Youtube 1080p smooth from youtube android app?

- can it play mkv high bitrate movies (approx. 35GB files) smooth with sound and video not running out od sync

I bought ATV1200 and I'm little bit disappointed. I'm thinking to exchange ATV1200 to ATV1800e or even Mede8er MED600X3D (as it seems to do DTS-MA passthrough)

Please help and advice.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

finger.

1. Yes it can via XBMC if I'm not mistaken, Justin can confirm. I only have a DTS enabled reciever, not DTS HD master audio.

2. I have played 1080P via Youtube app with buffering, but that's due to my service provider me thinks.

3. I have played full 50 GB FULL BD ISO with no lag with DTS pass through enabled with no sync or hang ups.

Hope this helps.

It will pass through all master audio and truehd without issue and no sync problems with audio/video. YouTube 1080p also no problems.

1200 also can do it if you upgrade xbmc to Gotham. Also upgrade android. I have a 1200 and a 1800.

@freakrant

I won't agree with you regarding 1200. I've upgraded to Gotham and it changed almost nothing (less options regarding passthrough). I had sync problems, bad picture quality in fast scenes (light flashes during concert [Within Temptation - Black Symphony]), and it wasn't able to bitstream/passthrough DTS-HD MA. And finally 1200 is working in 720p mode upscaling it to 1080p.

After checking few forums it seems like no Android box is able to bitstream/passthrough HD audio streams. Minix and xbmc forums says something like this "The hardware is limited and doesn't have enough links to passthrough those streams. (limited I2S channels)".

p.s.

Have you checked it personally (DTS/Dolby HD audio bitstream) on 1800e with some capable receiver?

Anyway thanks for reply.

--

regards

finger

Yes after I upgraded my 1200 with android firmware and Gotham xbmc I could pass through. Prior to that I could not. I have since shelved the 1200 when I got my 1800e. This box does everything you were referring to.

Don't get me wrong but somehow you'd be only one (I found on the web) who achieved DTS-MA passthrough under Android TV box.

Maybe you're talking about core DTS, which can be played from DTS-HD MA track?

--

regards

finger

You wrote that DTS-HD MA and Dolby THD are supported while it is not. That's all.

I'll probably have to buy one (1800e) to see myself if it really does the job :-)

I'd appreciate that.

Thing is I'd like to buy some Android box as it has Play store and many other things (Mircast, AIrPlay, HDMI-CEC control), but more important for me is video and sound quality and smooth playback without sync problems.

Thank you and best regards,

finger.

Hi Finger,

I've tested the 1800 with some videos that have DTS audio channels. They didn't work on my previous box (Sony NSZ-GS7) becuase of the DTS tracks but they play flawlessly on my 1800.

I just bought my ATV1800E and it passes AC3 fine but it won't pass DTS for some reason and my HDMI and digital out settings are set for Passthrough. Is this a firmware thing or a hardware thing? Is there any way I can fix it?

Haven't updated to the 9/25 OTA update yet either, if that makes a difference.

I just bought my ATV1800E and it passes AC3 fine but it won't pass DTS for some reason and my HDMI and digital out settings are set for Passthrough. Is this a firmware thing or a hardware thing? Is there any way I can fix it?

Haven't updated to the 9/25 OTA update yet either, if that makes a difference.

Are you trying to use DTS through XBMC?

Yes, I tried both the XBMC and the 4k movie player and even updated to the 9/25 OTA update. Using the 4k player it just says no audio but the XBMC info says DTS but my receiver only indicates a 2 channel input.

Yes, I tried both the XBMC and the 4k movie player and even updated to the 9/25 OTA update. Using the 4k player it just says no audio but the XBMC info says DTS but my receiver only indicates a 2 channel input.

You need to go into the settings menu of XBMC, and under the audio, change it from standard settings to Expert settings. You will see DTS appear, which will allow you to turn it on.

The 1800 only hardware decodes Dolby Digital through the HDMI, you can only software decode DTS through the HDMI using XBMC, just need to change it in the audio settings menu of XBMC.

How come the options to turn on DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD software decoding are removed from the options in the XBMC player for the MyGica ATV1800E but in the regular XBMC version those options are there?

With due respect to all involved, how is it possible that this question has not yet been addressed clearly - especially on an official forum?

Does it pass-thru DTS-MA and TrueHD? Yes or no?

I have no expectations of it decoding HD audio, soft or hard. But for a 4K device, what is the point if it can't pass HD audio?

Am I taking crazy pills here??!

If it's not supported, please say so. But holy crap what an oversight that would be, especially in this price range. Is that part of the reason for the relative silence on this topic perhaps?

With due respect to all involved, how is it possible that this question has not yet been addressed clearly - especially on an official forum?

Does it pass-thru DTS-MA and TrueHD? Yes or no?

I have no expectations of it decoding HD audio, soft or hard. But for a 4K device, what is the point if it can't pass HD audio?

Am I taking crazy pills here??!

If it's not supported, please say so. But holy crap what an oversight that would be, especially in this price range. Is that part of the reason for the relative silence on this topic perhaps?

I figured it out. The ATV1800E will hardware decode AC3 but if you want DTS, Dolby TrueHD, or DTS-MA you have to have a media player .apk installed that can software decode it. XBMC version 12 has TrueHD and DTS-MA software decoding but in version 13 they took the HD audio formats out. I'm hoping when XBMC changes to Kodi version 14 it will add the HD audio decoding back in.