Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrX4000

Weird Black Bars?

Ok guys, thanks for the feedback

I will pass along the black bars issues and blurry video playback/interlacing issues as well.

These are definitely issues that need to be fixed, so I will make sure they are given high priority,

I did some more testing. I believe these black bars are showing up when the screen output is set to 720p but disappears when set to 1080p. When I have under settings -> Display, auto hdmi and it goes to 720p, I get those bars. When I switch off Auto HDMI and it reconfigures to 1080p the bars go away. I have a 1080p TV, but if you have a 720p TV, it may need to be fixed with a firmware update or XBMC update. If you have a 1080p TV, see if you can make sure the output is 1080p.

Thanks for this suggestion

I will try this myself as well. And pass along the info as well to be looked at.

I did some more testing. I believe these black bars are showing up when the screen output is set to 720p but disappears when set to 1080p. When I have under settings -> Display, auto hdmi and it goes to 720p, I get those bars. When I switch off Auto HDMI and it reconfigures to 1080p the bars go away. I have a 1080p TV, but if you have a 720p TV, it may need to be fixed with a firmware update or XBMC update. If you have a 1080p TV, see if you can make sure the output is 1080p.

Running 1080p and I do get bars on some movies so it is not solution.

I will be hands on with the engineers from Wed to Sat as I am in China right now

So I will for sure bring up all of the video playback issues that everyone is experiencing with our Quad Core models so that they can address them accordingly.

Thanks

Justin

Perfect ... Thanks

On a side note I have deleted the 13.2 sent OTA .. downloaded the stock one 13.2 and installed. My TVTuner seems to work again ... woo hoo

Any news on this Justin? As the box is almost " unusable " with these bars ( some movies at least )

Are you able to upload a picture of this?

So I can describe it better to the engineers

Any news on this Justin? As the box is almost " unusable " with these bars ( some movies at least )

This is just example top and bottom, there are sometime thin lines on sides as well.

j5i39w.jpg.0f92ec1dbe2d4796473932811b5980a4.jpg

This is just example top and bottom, there are sometime thin lines on sides as well.

Hey

I sent you an email.

You will see what it is once you read it.

Thanks

Yes those are the same freaking bars ... GRRRRRRRRRRR ... and yes some are on the sides sometimes. Please keep me updated as to any news on a fix for this.

Thanks

I have gotten a new Firmware to test this morning.

It is a new Kernel update, which fixes the Blurry Video Interlacing issues that people have been experiencing, and also supposed to fix the other video issues that all of you have been experiencing.

We have also added 1080P-24HZ Video Output support, since this was recently added by AMlogic in there new Kernel Update.

I have myself and my testing team are trying this file now.

Should hope to have it sent out as an OTA update soon, not sure on a date yet though.

It is a new Kernel update, which fixes the Blurry Video Interlacing issues that people have been experiencing, and also supposed to fix the other video issues that all of you have been experiencing.

I'm experiencing issue with 1080i .ts files (Tv recording) is this the kind of issue you are referring? Because of that my box is of no use (Wife not happy) so I was wondering if you had an idea of when it could be available. If you need tester I can test it.

Any end in site for this? Like I mentioned before the box is almost unusable in it's current state. It has been over a month now. Just looking for any info if there is any.

Thanks

Haven't experienced this myself - but have you tried the fix mentioned on the MINIX forums?

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/v13-3-3-beta-minix-xbmc-for-evaluation.1926/page-6

it also has the black bars a few millimeters in from the edge of the screen when playing a video with a bit of video visible on the other side of the black bars
This one is well known. Don't use the box screen zoom feature, use the XBMC one.

It's on the Android box, not on your TV. You might have tweaked the overscan at a moment, and that causes those steange artefacts.

It looks like the solution is to go into the Mygica settings screen and ensure overscan/zoom is disabled (set to 100%) under your Display Settings?

OK cannot find the overscan anywhere. I have the one spot to adjust the screen size? When set to 100 you cannot see part of the screen and it still has the bars. Mine has to be set at 89. Anything else?

The fix in that forum is to set it to 100% in the system settings; and then use XBMC to compensate for the fact that your TV is overscanning.

So set it to 100% (rather than 89%), then go to XBMC's Video Calibration ( http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System#Video_calibration... ) and adjust the image size there instead.

Since your TV is chopping off a lot of the image (11%?), you might want to use XBMC's Video Calibration first to reduce size the image size, and only then change system settings to 100% - so that you can see exactly what you're changing in XBMC...