Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie

ATV 1800. Internet speed top 5Mb

Meah07, you're not the only one. I am hardwired (ethernet) directly to the ASUS RT-AC router, I'm guessing that it is the ASUS/MyGica as the other devices seem to work fine. The next time it happens, I'll run Speedtest on my computers and on the MyGica device to see if it is the Router or just the MyGica.

I run the Ooakla several times, and all points that the problem is Mygica. When upgrade to the last FW the speed was 80Mbps but a few weeks after decline to 40Mbps, in ethernet connection. All my routers are Giga and the UTP cables Cat 6. My internet connectiĆ³n is 120Mbps, and reach that speed in Pc and laptops. I send Justin the log he ask for but no answer yet. Hope in the new FW all will be fixed.

Ok here's the update, if my Gica is connected over WiFi 5G to the Asus Router and run speed test I get 25 to 30 MB after approx 45 min of watching movies either through Kodi or Netflix the video stops and buffers. Speed test then goes to 1 MB. Reset the router then all is good again. This is the only device on the WIFI that this occurs on.

Purchased a WiFI extender connected to the Asus router and connected the Mygica to the extender 25 to 30 MB and it's been running for over 2 weeks no speed issues.

Looks like a mygica and Asus router problem. I will try the new Beta software to see if it helps via direct Wifi 5G to the Asus router.

I've just upgraded to the June version and selected the WIFI 5G directly to the Asus Router bypassing the WiFi extender and it has the same problem as it was before. So back to the Wifi Extender.

Also noted the video is now choppy since the upgrade, I'm going back to the March release version.

Hope this helps someone else out there with the Asus RT-AC66U router.

Meah97

I'm also using an ASUS RT-AC66U router with a MyGica ATV1800e, and I'm having the same issues as you are - constant buffering. I wonder if this is a router incompatibility, because sometimes I cannot "see" the router on my Smart TV (LG) either - it drops in and out. Ethernet does not help. I'm about to take my ATV1800e back to the store and see if I can get something else, I've had it with trying to get this junk to work.

Meah97

I'm also using an ASUS RT-AC66U router with a MyGica ATV1800e, and I'm having the same issues as you are - constant buffering. I wonder if this is a router incompatibility, because sometimes I cannot "see" the router on my Smart TV (LG) either - it drops in and out. Ethernet does not help. I'm about to take my ATV1800e back to the store and see if I can get something else, I've had it with trying to get this junk to work.

Do you know what version of software your Router is running? I'm running 3.0.0.4.378_4585 on an AC68U and have a AC66U 378.51 as a repeater. The 1800E is plugged into the AC68U and except for the occasional reboot of the router all seems well and good.

"except for the occasional reboot of the router" ??? Why should that even be necessary?

I don't know what firmware I'm running, but it is the latest, since clicking on the check for update (from the browser-based control panel at http://192.168.1.1) the ASUS router says it is up to date.

Anyway, you have your MyGica plugged directly into the router, implying an ethernet connection; I was referring to WiFi performance in my post.

Johnny

No disrespect intended. This is a frustrating technical issue, one which should not exist. I am trying every avenue, tech support is sketchy from the manufacturer, and I am no networking expert. In my case, hooking up Ethernet is simply impractical, and even if I did, I'm not sure it will make a difference, from what I've read.

I've rebuilt my Kodi media four or five times now. Aside from crappy video performance (no upconversion), no 1080p on Netflix, and a whole lot of other basic issues, I think I'm just about ready to throw in the towel and get a Roku 3.

Meah97

You just admitted that it's your router so why take back your MyGica box. Look for ways to improve your router. See if it has a firmware update would be a good start.

I think I have explored all the options as far as the router goes. It does have the latest firmware, but I am going to try using a spare router, with older technology, to see if there is an improvement.