Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie

ATV 1800. Internet speed top 5Mb

I have a problem for overcoming 5Mb downloading or 3Mb uplodading from internet.

I did the same test speed (www.speedtest.net) using a laptop and the ATV 1800 on:

- The same test server.

- The same cable connection RJ45

With the laptop get 51.92 Mbps and 5.18 Mbps downloading Uploading, but with the ATV 1800 I can not exceed 3Mb 5Mb downloading or uploading.

When I try the wifi connection using the laptop at the same location than the ATV 1800, i get the same results.

What can be the source of the problem?

I have inquired about this with our factory.

Since it seems this has been reported by multiple people.

I have put urgency on getting a response to this from them as well.

Will update you once I know more.

I am having an issue that may be related.

I have an ATV1800. I have a home network that has throughputs verified at 50-100MBS. I am trying to play .mt2s (BD) and .vob (DVD) files from the network (via a new 4TB WDMYCLOUD network drive ... great drive). The XBMC player seems to be caching the content, and staying only 1-2 seconds ahead of what's onscreen. However, after a minute or two, the play marker keeps catching up to the cached marker and the video stops for a split second and then continues. (The videos are concert videos with no compression ... extracted from the sources I own using passthrough rips ... they are bit for bit identical to what is on each disk ... so having these momentary freezes while I'm playing at loud volumes is a real issue).

This issue MAY be slightly less pronounced when using an external USB 2.0 harddrive, but it has still happened. I don't understand why this caching is occurring at all. Seems the player just can't keep up. Not sure if it's a box issue or an XBMC issue. I have tried every setting adjustment in the system with no solution.

I have a very unsophisticated two year old UEBO box that plays exactly the same files from the same network drive and it NEVER caches/has this momentary freezing issue. I can hook up any drive (network or USB) and the UEBO box works flawlessly. Same for a Seagate FreeAgent theater box I had ... played these same files flawlessly. BTW, these other boxes also recognize ISO files (.iso or .img) and play those as well. XBMC doesn't even find these files in the directory.

I will play with all of this for another few days, but I'm likely to return the Mygica if it can't handle these videos ... it's really the only reason I bought the Mygica ... just wanted to upgrade to newer tech.

Dear Justin,

I have the same issue, I have a 60Megabit on download and 10 upload.

I plug directly my cable Rj45 directly on the box from my rooter.

I still get 5Megabit when a do the testing..

Is very frustrating...........

I was told that the Mygica ATV-1800 is the best on the market....... but I douth?

Can you help me?

thanks.

I resolv myself 50% of the issue,

In WI-fi, now i can go almost up to my full speed, I sycronise the channel in my router and on Mygica to be full streght.

But in LAN I steal get only 5-6 mgb.

so need help for on the Lan connection speed !!!

thanks

I resolv myself 50% of the issue,

In WI-fi, now i can go almost up to my full speed, I sycronise the channel in my router and on Mygica to be full streght.

But in LAN I steal get only 5-6 mgb.

so need help for on the Lan connection speed !!!

thanks

How did you syncronise the channel?

on your setting on Wireless router channel.

and you will see on Wifi analyzer apps the channel chosen.

need help on the LAN or Ethernet connection..... not more than 5 mgb.

Ok so using Wifi Analyzer app, you must change your router settings to the channel that it shows on the Wifi App?

I will have to mention the channel issue then, seems they might have there Wifi Drivers setup differently then. Will have to get them to check the same thing for Ethernet as well.

Yes, but for Ethernet is just plug no channel.

Plug a RJ45 from my router to the ATV 1800e.

And should work, but not going more then 5mgbts.

Ok thanks for the info. Will certainly help us better in resolving this issue.

It's very sad that MyGica has to need some users help for solving a issue that should not happens in a top quality product.

I wonder what kind of testing you do before launching a new product.

Just to add my .02 in...

I have an ATV1800e hooked up via ethernet to a 80/30 internet connection. When I use the "Speed Test" app that came with the box I too get only 5mbs. However, using the OOKLA Speedtest.net app from the Play Store, I get my full 80mbs down and 30 mbs up. From my perspecive, it's the app and not the box that's broken...

Regards

Ok guys.

I am biting my tongue on this one.

Seems the pre-installed Speed Test app has something wrong with it. I have taken "theduke201" advice and tried the OOKLA Speedtest.net app, I am not sure why I didn't try this before, since this is the best company to use for Internet Speed Tests.

I have a 30/10 Connection at our office, so I did a speed test on the pre-installed app, and it fluctuated big time between 5-10MB download. I then tried it on the OOKLA Speed Test app from the Play Store and got a steady 28MB Download.

I will get them to remove the current SpeedTest app that they are using from the firmware, so this doesn't confuse people anymore.

Justin, I'm afraid that you have not read carefully my first post. I'll copy/paste for you:

I did the same test speed (http://www.speedtest.net) using a laptop and the ATV 1800 on:

- The same test server.

With the laptop get 51.92 Mbps and 5.18 Mbps downloading Uploading, but with the ATV 1800 I can not exceed 3Mb 5Mb downloading or uploading.

I'll return my ATV 1800. I don't trust any more in your "technical" support.

Justin, I'm afraid that you have not read carefully my first post. I'll copy/paste for you:
I did the same test speed (http://www.speedtest.net) using a laptop and the ATV 1800 on:

- The same test server.

I'll return my ATV 1800. I don't trust any more in your "technical" support.

Try the Speedtest.net app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... test&hl=en

Sorry If I am not giving you the technical support you want.

Hi Justin,

In general I would say the box works very well, but in what is related to internet speed and video processing beyond 2Mbps it does not perform well.

Even making an ethernet connection between the 1800 box and the source of video, after 2Mbps it start to chop the video and audio.

I've tried different configs and applications but it is always the same.

Any idea?

Thanks, Ariel

Hi Justin,

In general I would say the box works very well, but in what is related to internet speed and video processing beyond 2Mbps it does not perform well.

Even making an ethernet connection between the 1800 box and the source of video, after 2Mbps it start to chop the video and audio.

I've tried different configs and applications but it is always the same.

Any idea?

Thanks, Ariel

Have you tried the OOKLA speedtest.net app?

I was having the same issues using the pre installed Speedtest app before, but now I get over 30MB/S over Wifi or Ethernet.

I have tried this on over 20 different units, without any issues.

Any update about this issues ? any fix ?

i have 200mb download and i made speed test using OOKLA speedtest.net app , i was not getting more than 10 mb ..

I have opened the wifi anilizyer app and connected to router channel..

it little improved the speed test... now i am getting 21mb download.....

it's very disappointed ... i should at less get 65 mb out of 200mb download !

i have ATV 1800 as a sample, need urgent reply if you have fix for this... before I decide to cancel my first 200 boxes order

Any update about this issues ? any fix ?

i have 200mb download and i made speed test using OOKLA speedtest.net app , i was not getting more than 10 mb ..

I have opened the wifi anilizyer app and connected to router channel..

it little improved the speed test... now i am getting 21mb download.....

it's very disappointed ... i should at less get 65 mb out of 200mb download !

i have ATV 1800 as a sample, need urgent reply if you have fix for this... before I decide to cancel my first 200 boxes order

Email me

support@mygica.ca

Please when emailing, let me know if your using a 2015 edition. If you are not sure, providing me with the serial # I will be able to tell.

I will have Mark call you for help over the phone

Thanks

I have done a lot of reading on this over the last week. And I will be making a post in regards to this.

I had the same issue at the office, and after reading up on some common Android issues with Wifi and router setups for wifi, I found some work arounds for it. I was able to resolve this issue yesterday.