Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asft

kodi

Careful, back up your current XBMC configuration before installing KODI

It will work but it will screw up your current set up and you can't restore/port your

13.2 settings to KODI properly, you will have to configure it again.

If you decide remove KODI you can restore the backup you made to the preinstalled version

without problem.

If you are using the Mygica 4K launcher, its as easy as holding down the "ok" button on an icon you want to change.

It will take you to your list of apps, from there you can select the icon you want to change.

You cannot change those 5 icons, they are there permanately.

And only our 4K launcher allows you to change around the icons.

Just taking a stab in the dark but I'd assume that you uninstalled the MyGica XBMC 13.1 and installed Kodi. Your XBMC icon probably no longer works but your new Kodi icon works, right?

Once I upgrade to Kodi, the XBMC button on my remote is not working for ATV582. How to fix it?

The button unfortunately seems tied to XBMC only: so it no longer works after the Kodi name-change... (As an aside, Kodi runs pretty well on this box)

Perhaps in future firmware this button could be mapped to any app using the settings?

This way, a plan could be made to run any variant of XBMC/Kodi (including, for instance, SPMC) using it...

Once I upgrade to Kodi, the XBMC button on my remote is not working for ATV582. How to fix it?

Yes they changed the app signature, I will have to see if we can fix this in an update.