Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charles_S

It's back (unfortunately)

I posted below (third or fourth time I posted issues with this same box; going back to August and I still have not been able to get it to work) under the header:

Trying again ... still not playing videos

The end result of that was the box would not power on and I assumed it was finally dead and submitted an RMA request. Just before going ahead and processing the RMA, I decided to try the power one more time. Sadly, it actually powered on this time.

Same )&)(&(&*^*$% problems as before however, except worse. Now there is no sound either. Tried unmuting everything I could find and turning volume up, still no sound.

Plus all the previous problems of not playing any videos.

The sound works fine on the TV. Just FYI, there are three HDMI devices plugged in to this same 3-way switch box which all use the same TV and same external speakers. All work fine when connected to the TV, except for the MyGica. The other two are a Chromecast device and an HDMI adapter for Samsung smartphone.

I have managed to get the version numbers this time:

Android 4.4.2

Uboot 3159fa2 (20140718.155435)

Kernel 3.10.33

Build V001M801_20140723

Have managed upwards of thirty Android smartphones and never had these kinds of problems. This is basically an Android tablet with an HDMI port; why should this be so impossible to get to work ?

Charles S

Updated status:

I did a full hardware reset. As a result, it seems, I now have sound back at least. As for the rest, it is about the same. Video streaming works occasionally. Youtube works occasionally, many times just gives a black screen instead of the video. 5by does the same thing it did previously, i. e. five or ten seconds or so of video with sound, then cuts out and goes back to the menu.

Why are you replying to posts that are later than mine and ignoring this one ?

I have supplied all the information you requested, in terms of firmware version, build no., etc.

This is NOT WORKING. It is now four months I have been struggling with this. What do you suggest ?

Charles S

Try with the box plugged directly into the tv, ie no switch, just to test.

Then upgrade the firmware to latest and try without the switch

Post results back to this thread here

Try this upgrade

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2154

Then report if you are having the same issues.

Sorry about the late responses, but I am looking at all posts from last week and responding to them. As I was not on the forum a lot last week as I was working the CES Show in Las Vegas.

All right; but how do I install this update ? It says I am to use an SD card. Do I have to get one installed into the box (I presume it does not have one as ti comes out of the box). Do I have to open up the box to do this ? Is there a way to download it to a local computer on the network and install it from there ? And how do I find the upgrade app ? More details would be helpful

Will also run the test without the switch, have not done that yet

thanks

Charles S

The SDCard can be inserted into the box. You don't have to open anything, you just slide it into the box.

You can look at this YouTube clip to assist

1.All right; but how do I install this update ?

2.It says I am to use an SD card. Do I have to get one installed into the box (I presume it does not have one as ti comes out of the box).

3. Do I have to open up the box to do this ?

4. Is there a way to download it to a local computer on the network and install it from there ?

5. And how do I find the upgrade app ? More details would be helpful

1. See Justin's link

2. Card slot location can be found by reading manual that came with box.

3. No

4. Easier to stick onto an SD card and press "upgrade"

5. I believe it's the app marked "Upgrade"

J

1.All right; but how do I install this update ?

2.It says I am to use an SD card. Do I have to get one installed into the box (I presume it does not have one as ti comes out of the box).

3. Do I have to open up the box to do this ?

4. Is there a way to download it to a local computer on the network and install it from there ?

5. And how do I find the upgrade app ? More details would be helpful

1. See Justin's link

2. Card slot location can be found by reading manual that came with box.

3. No

4. Easier to stick onto an SD card and press "upgrade"

5. I believe it's the app marked "Upgrade"

J

Try these 5 suggestions and let us know

Thanks

Tried direct connection to the TV, bypassing the switch. Made no difference. Will try the upgrade but to do that I will have to go out and get SD card, so may need a day or two

This Enjoy TV box would only be enjoyable if I were a masochist. Whenever I want more punishment, I go back to this frustrating endless exercise.

So: I downloaded the upgrade file from the link, extracted it to an .img file (no indication anywhere that this was necessary, but by trial and error found if would not work with the zip file). Copied to MicroSD & inserted, set the system to upgrade locally and using External SD; it found the file, I double-clicked to start the upgrade process. Rebooted with the Android symbol and then failed with the message:

Failed whole-file verification.

So it would not upgrade.

What is the next step in this process ?

charles s

This Enjoy TV box would only be enjoyable if I were a masochist. Whenever I want more punishment, I go back to this frustrating endless exercise.

So: I downloaded the upgrade file from the link, extracted it to an .img file (no indication anywhere that this was necessary, but by trial and error found if would not work with the zip file). Copied to MicroSD & inserted, set the system to upgrade locally and using External SD; it found the file, I double-clicked to start the upgrade process. Rebooted with the Android symbol and then failed with the message:

Failed whole-file verification.

So it would not upgrade.

What is the next step in this process ?

charles s

Can you post the link you downloaded

Which version you coming from now?

Did you format the SD card to FAT 32?

As it turns out, the file was in fact corrupt. I was using a SANdisk USB adapter connected to my computer, with a SANDisk micro-to-SD adapter inserted into it, and the mico-SD card inside that. For whatever reason, it did not seem to work very well. In the end, I download a utility (Fastcopy) to do copy with verification and another utility (HxD) to do binary file comparison on the copy and original; when I finally got a copy that was clean onto the micro-SD card, the upgrade at last completed.

Unfortunately the result is not much better. Have been testing it as I have time. Sometimes YouTube and streaming video seems to work fine, especially just after I have rebooted. Eventually, and usually after not more than 20 minutes or so, it hangs, will not stream, freezes, screen goes black, etc. etc. I have tested this especially with 5by; although it fails everywhere, 5by seems to be what makes it fail quickest. Ocassionally it will play a 5by video all the way to the end (I think it has done that twice so far). Then it goes back to the usual pattern of failing, freezing, exits after ten seconds, etc.

So where do we go from here ?

Charles S

As it turns out, the file was in fact corrupt. I was using a SANdisk USB adapter connected to my computer, with a SANDisk micro-to-SD adapter inserted into it, and the mico-SD card inside that. For whatever reason, it did not seem to work very well. In the end, I download a utility (Fastcopy) to do copy with verification and another utility (HxD) to do binary file comparison on the copy and original; when I finally got a copy that was clean onto the micro-SD card, the upgrade at last completed.

Unfortunately the result is not much better. Have been testing it as I have time. Sometimes YouTube and streaming video seems to work fine, especially just after I have rebooted. Eventually, and usually after not more than 20 minutes or so, it hangs, will not stream, freezes, screen goes black, etc. etc. I have tested this especially with 5by; although it fails everywhere, 5by seems to be what makes it fail quickest. Ocassionally it will play a 5by video all the way to the end (I think it has done that twice so far). Then it goes back to the usual pattern of failing, freezing, exits after ten seconds, etc.

So where do we go from here ?

Charles S

I think you should just get the unit replaced.

Seems nothing wants to work properly for you, even after a few firmware upgrades.

Yes; would it be a good idea to provide some kind of a link to this thread when I request an RMA ? I already requested one before when it was having the power-on problems and they sent it to me. The box is no longer dead but I think it is as good as dead. Must be bad memory in it or something like that