Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oggyswain

Firmware Update

I thought there was going to be a firmware update this weekend. Is it still on its way?

I said before the end of the month.

Trying to add some nice features to this firmware version for everyone to enjoy.

Yup I do,

http://youtu.be/H4o1Ts4nLN0

Yes this video is of firmware that all MyGica distributors last week.

You will see weather widget is added, and the launcher is changed a bit. We also include KODI. This is also the GMS firmware as well.

Fixes a lot of bugs from the 11-05 firmware. The firmware in the video doesnt have it, but we plan to add new MyGica Store. I added a picture of it to my post. You will see it is now based on the Android TV SDK app platform, which makes it way easier to use.

We plan to release a MyGica version of Airpin Pro as well to this firmware, which will add better Air Play support, even for IOS 8, should be able to mirror IOS devices now to. Been pushing them to include this on this update, will see if they can.

You will also see on that video there is a new app to be used for Mag 250/260/254 Stalker Portals being used on it, this app will be available on the MyGica store within 1-2 weeks, should be on the Play Store as well. Will work for ATV 520/1200/400 1800/582/360 and 585.

Trying to get them to fix a lot of things, and add more features to this firmware, so we can get back to doing OTA updates after this that are not the entire firmware file size and only fixes that are 100mb or less, which will make everyone happy.

MyGica-Store_201512310135.JPG.80ec14fc64af64aacfc263c8cdc6edcb.JPG

@Justin so the January firmware is now GMS? So here is the BIG question everyone's mind ...

Is Netflix now in stunning HD or is it being worked on?

This MagTv looks great, HOWEVER, for us here in Canada and the USA, this foreign tv stuff, is wasted filler. If their is Canadian and US content, then it is of worthwhile mention.

From a Canadian stand point only Global TV works on the Canada on Demand repo. And on FilmOn, only crappie CTV stuff!

So if this is all about Aljazzer, foreign stuff, throw the effort in the garbage bin!

As for Netflix, if you have Kodi, why waste your time on outdated Netflix programming, that is so old hat!

@Justin so the January firmware is now GMS? So here is the BIG question everyone's mind ...

Is Netflix now in stunning HD or is it being worked on?

Ill use my capture card to take a video of Netflix running. So you can all decide if it is HD or not.

Picture quality looks good to me, but other might see it differently.

This MagTv looks great, HOWEVER, for us here in Canada and the USA, this foreign tv stuff, is wasted filler. If their is Canadian and US content, then it is of worthwhile mention.

From a Canadian stand point only Global TV works on the Canada on Demand repo. And on FilmOn, only crappie CTV stuff!

So if this is all about Aljazzer, foreign stuff, throw the effort in the garbage bin!

As for Netflix, if you have Kodi, why waste your time on outdated Netflix programming, that is so old hat!

The video was just showing one type of service. This app has no service, it just will work with Mag 250/260/254 Stalker portals that you subscribe to.

Look at this site

http://www.ntv.mx/

This is just one site that offers service for Mag 250s, in multiple languages

You will just have to find a company that you can subscribe to, that offers the channels you want, and offer it on the Mag 250/254/260 Stalker Portal.

@Justin

Can you please search in Netflix for El Fuente: 60 MP10 and relay the video bit rate and resolution?

This is a clip made on Netflix that ramps up the video vir rate and resolution for testing purposes.

It's displayed on the screen during the video playback - pretty neat.

This is the best way to test. There are other clips as well that test various scenarios but this will work :-)

I got some new firmware over a week ago.

But had to change things on it. Plus now with 14.1 it will delay again, we have 14.0 on this release. But dont want users asking where is 14.1 now all of a sudden.

Pushing to get it out there asap

Sorry for the delay, just want things to be right.

ditto - very responsive. If there's any tips to preserve addons, etc. (I'm using Kodi now) and/or any other settings prior to the next upgrade - please let us know. I'm cool if we have to start fresh, just need to carve the time to redownload, etc.

Great forum!

ditto - very responsive. If there's any tips to preserve addons, etc. (I'm using Kodi now) and/or any other settings prior to the next upgrade - please let us know. I'm cool if we have to start fresh, just need to carve the time to redownload, etc.

Search for an Addon called "USB SD Card Wizard". It does a full backup of your current setup and will restore it to your new Kodi. You wil have to reinstall it to your new clean box first though, then run it under "restore ". I just copied my 1200 setup to my 380 last night 'cause I sold my 1200 to a guy at work.

With KODI 14.1 out yesterday, were now working to upgrade to this. As I dont want to come out with a new firmware with 14.0 then have everyone asking for 14.1

So 14.1 has added a delay to this release.

Working on it guys, please be patient.

Search for an Addon called "USB SD Card Wizard". It does a full backup of your current setup and will restore it to your new Kodi. You wil have to reinstall it to your new clean box first though, then run it under "restore ". I just copied my 1200 setup to my 380 last night 'cause I sold my 1200 to a guy at work.

This works to.

XBMC Backup works good as well. Can be found under the XBMC/KODI.org Repo

@Justin Sorry to be a pain in the behind, but did you manage to shoot that video on the Netflix or search for the clip that I requested?

Lots of excitement on the forum :-)