Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RatBlast

how can you setup the MyGica 1200 to work with a hidden IP

since it is now not legal to stream movies etc from torrents with MyGica in Canada , I need to set it up with one of the many hidden IP services . I am thinking of getting Cyberghost. can you setup the MyGica to hide a IP address ?

if so how do I do it ?

Can anyone give feedback on this?

As I do not use any of these services.

Also you should re read the info about streaming in Canada.

It basically means that the copyright holder has to send a notice to your ISP, which then sends a notice to the customer.

ISP providers arent going to be dedicating staff to watch out for everyone who streams or downloads a torrent.

Not only that, the big ISP providers are very reluctant to share customer info as well in Canada.

This is something that I would not be to worried about. They have similar laws in the USA and UK. UK went as far as blocking download sites though.

downloading from torrents was a grey area for ever here in Canada , but the law went into effect last month and it is now not legal.

you are right , they do send a email out to my internet provider than they send a warning out to me. I have gotten one in the past before it was 100% not legal like it is now. I know many people that had more than one warning , It was no big deal before .

I know that cyberghost has a android app for the phone , but I doubt it would work for streaming a torrent.

guess I should just sign up for a month and see if I can make it work.

downloading from torrents was a grey area for ever here in Canada , but the law went into effect last month and it is now not legal.

you are right , they do send a email out to my internet provider than they send a warning out to me. I have gotten one in the past before it was 100% not legal like it is now. I know many people that had more than one warning , It was no big deal before .

I know that cyberghost has a android app for the phone , but I doubt it would work for streaming a torrent.

guess I should just sign up for a month and see if I can make it work.

Try it out and see if it works.

If it does. Post back your results.

I subscribed to CyberGhost for one year so I can now hide my IP address when downloading off the computer. It works just fine on the MyGica 1200 , you just install the CyberGhost Android app and run it when you first turn on the MyGica . It is a bit slower to stream , but still works fine .

Since Torrents are not supported by MyGica, we can not talk about it anymore,

and yes when you are using VPN it will bring down your speed cause of peer to peer connection and how it connects, and depends to eht provider of VPN how fast they have left the window to get you through!...