About This File
ATV 1900 PRO upgrade to Android version 7.1
This is a beta version as we had to build this ourselves without the normal support through regular channels. This will not move passed BETA, so you may encounter minor issues with certain programs, but we currently have no known issues at the moment.
Difficulty level - 3/5
This will not work on the 1900. It is meant for the 1900 PRO.
-Updates from Android 5.1 to 7.1 for better support.
- New Home Screen
- Added Dual Boot Option to Libreelec
- Added Super User Support
****DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE TO 7.1 THROUGH THE OPERATING SYSTEM. IT WILL POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE***
This update must be done using the below method only.
NOTE: Processing this Firmware upgrade will wipe all your Data
How to process the steps:
1. Download the zip file
2. Format your MicroSD Card to FAT32
3. Unzip the files into a folder on your computer before moving to step 4.
4. Drag and drop files from Unzip folder to root of your MicroSD card. (unzip files to the main part of the card, not in a folder)
5. Insert sd card with files into the 1900 PRO SD card slot
6. Connect HDMI, turn the TV on
7. Hold the Reset button at the back.
8. Hookup power while holding down Reset, via pin
9. Hold for 15 seconds
10. The front side lights should blink red to green repeatedly if the upgrade process has started properly.
you will see the android guy moving, give it 5 -10 minutes and it should bring you to the 7.1 setup screen.