Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 GMS BETA FIRMWARE 02/25 FEEDBACK THREAD

thnx justin, ..... before i try it out, does it include a netflix fix ??? (hd streaming ??)

Try it and let me know what you think

To me it looks HD, and I compared it to my Sony Smart TV with netflix built in. But I could be wrong.

well, applied the update and it doesnt start .... it goes to recovery

steps that i took:

1.- wipe data / factory reset

2.- wipe cache

3.- apply update from micro sd card

said applied complete, reboot system

and logo from x4 x8 boot appears and goes to recovery

SD card is always best IMHO, this upgrade is big so give it some time to complete installation.

I made my own AML upgrade script because I don't have the original remote and it picked it up in the Upgrade app.

Will evaluate and give my feedback soon.

Thanks Justin, you made my day.

Started to evaluate and Netflix sure is not in HD.

Might this be because its beta version?

Resolution and bit rate is limited to SD.

Video bit rate: 1750 Kbps, Resolution 720x480.

@dj_phantoms: same happened to me (via SD Card). Got stuck there for an hour, at about 80%.

I had to pull power. When I plugged back in it automatically resumed and didn't get stuck. If it had, I could've probably gone into recovery mode...

I'm enjoying so far. 24Hz is still not 100% smooth, unfortunately. But looking forward to trying put some GMS apps.

I have tried this on 10 different units without any issues.

With SD Card you can load it using the Upgrade App.

If you want to use a USB drive you must use Recovery Mode.

Make sure both the SD Card and the USB Drive you are using are formatted to FAT 32. Most USB Drives already come in FAT32

sd is formatted to fat 32 did update one get stuck at 80% have tried three time now still stuck at that part well now it works thank god dont know why it stick at that part but all is good now doing the install

Updated my atv582 with the new beta firmware. Everything went smooth with sdcard. The whole process took about 15min.

My impression is that the system and especially the apps are transitioning much faster. Kodi is so far running well and lots of the live addons are working now as well. Nice job.

Updated my atv582 with the new beta firmware. Everything went smooth with sdcard. The whole process took about 15min.

My impression is that the system and especially the apps are transitioning much faster. Kodi is so far running well and lots of the live addons are working now as well. Remote control works fine. Well done!

Installed from SD card, upgrade was smooth, no hanging issues.

However, Kodi struggled to play any video - it was like one frame per second, no audio. This across an ethernet connection. I will do a reset and possibly update again to be sure this isn't a fluke, as I don't see anyone else with this issue.

I also struggle with the HDMI sync issue (I have a basic Onkyo receiver) - this is still an issue, and is a deal breaker. My MyGica has been sitting for over 2 weeks waiting for this update in the hope that it makes it usable. :(

[uPDATE]

I believe the Kodi issue can be solved by properly setting the throughput in Kodi settings. No worries there then.

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with their external hard drives? It seems it doesn't want to detect or that Android doesn't seem to pick up the files or show the external hard drive. Cannot see my external hard drive in file manager or es file explorer. I remember I had this issue previously when box was introduced first last year and it was fixed by loading Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS+ application on Google Play, after that I loaded SDFIX to ensure that the drives have write access.

Will try to root it later today to see if it work and load the above applications. Well its beta currently so problems are to be expected.

Guys try not to be too hard in reporting your errors as its a Beta.

I'm glad we now have this opportunity to report on errors.

Same thing to me, just goes back to Recovery. After restart old FW is up and running.

I tried doing update with SD card.