Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 GMS BETA FIRMWARE 02/25 FEEDBACK THREAD

Yesterday, after more than a month I got the ATV380 replaced by Canada Computers.

Initially they sent it to MyGica Canada but after 4 weeks and 5 phone calls they agreed they must replace the device.

The ATV380 replacement I got has a sticker on the PCB that says S802-B. Thanks for that!

It came with the 1105 firmware and I was able to upgrade in one shot to 150204.

So far so good, the device feels faster like never before. Thumbs way up for this!

It may be beta GMS but for me that means Google bundle like never before :)

Not a big problem as I was able to disable what I don't need.

The downside is the pretty huge size of the update file (do we really need all those apps or Google agreement requires all of them?).

Had no reboots and no apps freezing so far.

I will post again as get more experience with the new device and the new software.

I hope MyGica will have some S812 devices soon. 2GB RAM might be optional but I found out it makes wonders on my Minix X8.

Guys ive tried d update with sd card ...went all good till about 80%

Now i had to unplug it and replug still no go....

It kept me on recovery mode after....i went with this " Mygica20141105_MAG 2G RAM VER " xpecting to help me but with that leaves me on about 10% and then im stuck again....is there any way i can fix this ? please

Had the same issue. Just keep unplugging until it applies the update. Had to do it 2-3 times but now I'm up and running.

For everyone that has issues installing the latest beta firmware, can you try cleaning the cache before you flash the firmware?

Reboot in recovery then erase the cache partition, then try again flashing the firmware.

I have seen some reports where the flashing process is unsuccessful because there isn't enough space on the cache partition.

One more thing: when you flash, make sure to disconnect all USB and flash drives.

Have only the SD card / USB flash drive with the firmware .img connected.

I tried doing the firmware update via both methods .. mini sd card and usb stick and both failed. At the end it would give a bootloader error stating it could not be found.. had to revert back to previous firmware. The first try via usb stick got stuck after about 25 minutes of upgrading. had to unplug power and retry but to no avail. guess i will have to wait for stable version to come out.. spent too.. As a suggestion it would be really good to see the upgrade/update status indicate a percentage the process is currently at.

@gtaguy

I had the 1105 firmware with the 0922 bootloader and I had no issues.

Can you check what firmware/bootloader you have now?

Go in Settings / More Setting :sic: / About Device / Uboot version

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I realize loading this file seems to be an issue, and I am not sure why.

I have loaded a lot of boxes, however some of them have failed to install for me, but after trying it again it worked.

This is the reason why it is Beta Firmware, and not an official release.

I got new firmware this morning with 14.1 and a few other changes. Will be testing it this week, and see if we can release it soon.

That's awesome ... downloaded the beta but haven't pulled the trigger yet, will wait for official at this point and try to back up all my settings :)

I have a group of testers right now, so I am good.

This new file needs work though. Just relayed the issues with it last night to our engineers. Hope they can have them fixed by this week.

Will keep you guys updated.

Will the update also solve the issue with the terrible low download speed, because thats still not resolved in my case. Max 5mbs wired!

Will the update also solve the issue with the terrible low download speed, because thats still not resolved in my case. Max 5mbs wired!

Yes the firmware I got few days ago address's the ethernet and wifi speed issues.

So far tests have been good and accurate for us on this.

I just tried the best update. Process went smoothly, but when I restored my add-ons and userdata xbmc folders, it did not restore the library properly. Basically, each folder on my shared drive was set up to parse for TV or movies or music. This information was lost, so I had to reconfigure each folder and rescan. Not a big deal, just lost track of my library and which video have been watched or not..

Also the issue with the screen blacking out periodically is still there. Seems less frequent, but still there.

Finally, I never noticed this before but I have a "Frequency switcher" video and program add-on in Kodi, which I do not recall seeing before. I can not uninstall it. Anyone know what it is for and how I can remove it?

Frequency switcher is an add on to use so KODI will automatically switch between 24HZ, 50HZ and 60HZ -1080P without swtiching the default Android settings.

It is built into the BIOS of KODI, so it cannot be removed.

Just updated my 380.

My question has to do with Bluetooth. I was going to try a couple of dongles I have to see if they would work. In the process AND without connecting any of my BT dongles I notices that by just enabling BT the setting showed "bluedroid" as being built into the box but my Logitech KB was not discovered, nor was it able to see a couple other BT devices I tried.

Does the 380 have a BT module? if so it's not working or is it a glitch on the new image that makes it look like there is BT when there isn't one ?

BTW the other dongles I tried did not get recognized at all.

Just updated my 380.

My question has to do with Bluetooth. I was going to try a couple of dongles I have to see if they would work. In the process AND without connecting any of my BT dongles I notices that by just enabling BT the setting showed "bluedroid" as being built into the box but my Logitech KB was not discovered, nor was it able to see a couple other BT devices I tried.

Does the 380 have a BT module? if so it's not working or is it a glitch on the new image that makes it look like there is BT when there isn't one ?

There is no known external BT dongle that would work

New built units will have BT on board.

Just updated my 380.

If Bluedroid turns on, and gives you 2 minutes to locate devices. Then your version has Bluetooth Installed. Versions without it installed, will not do this

You need to put the device you want to connect in pairing mode, usually when you turn it on for the first time, it will be able to be discovered.

Thank you for your reply, the BT devices are in pairing mode but nothing appears on the list of "discovered devices". I have tried a Logitech KB and two cell phones and PS3 BT remote.

When is update expected. Because i cant get the bèta firmware installed. Usb an sd are bot not installing correctly. And my download speed is still 3mb :?:

was wondering the same thing as I do not want a beta file looking for an official release

I was hoping for last week must be more issues then anticipated