Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 GMS BETA FIRMWARE 02/25 FEEDBACK THREAD

Not putting a date on this right now. I got a newer update on Friday, but it still needs work again.

Just hoping this month for a release.

Both GMS (tested with NBA League Pass) and the Ethernet speed fix are not working. Sigh, high hopes, no results.

Hello,

Has anyone been able to get the NHL app to work? So far I can just get Audio ( which is a step better from the last image) but no video.

Hey Justin - nearing end of month, just curious if you have any updates on how your testing is going? Any new features that look promising, or any major bugs that need to be squashed?

We switched to new Amlogic SDK +Kernel, and I noticed performance is much better and the box runs smoother. Including the 582. I got just over 32,000 Benchmark score on both 1800E and 582.

We added MAGTV Emulator App support for Mag 250/254 Stalker Portals

- KODI 14.1

- KR60 Remote XBMC button changed to KODI

- Added Google TV Remote Support

- Added DTS Support

- Added easy way to kill all apps to clear up memory, by just holding down the 3 lined context menu button

- Updated Internal Video Player Codecs

- Added New MyGica Store -(Built on new Android TV SDK app platform, much easier to use, will be lots of new apps available for download, launchers tv shows + movie apps etc to be added weekly onto this store)

- Removed Nexus Launcher (Will be available for download on MyGica store for those looking for it still)

I have tried 1800E and 582 at 8 different locations including 10 different routers and Ethernet Speed tests are accurate at all locations. Wifi has improved also, I am promised a new file on Thursday to improve Wifi even more.

The last update I tried from yesterday, does not factory reset the box and will move over your apps properly. Only downside is, if your running KODI it wont move it over, it will only move over your add ons and user data if your still using XBMC Gotham, so you will have to re-setup KODI.

I did this on 5 1800es an 3 582s all running the 11-05 Firmware and had add ons and user data setup in Gotham and they all ported over to KODI. Also installed 10 apps onto each, and they all moved over from the new firmware upgrade.

I just had to re setup my 8 Main Screen Icons.

The firmware from yesterday still needs fixes and changes though, was told will have another one by Thursday.

HI There

Is there a problem with the img file "update_Mygica_ATV582-1800-380-1800E_20150204" ?

E: footer is wrong

E: signature verification failed

This is on quick boot before and after a factory reset and hardware reset option.

Or is it a failed download is the img bad ?????

Love beta builds "It's a look into the future".

PS: download from his discussion link...

Box : ATV582

Uboot : a85a50c(20140922.093536)

Android 4.4.2

Build : V002M801_20141105

hi guys, know this is not the right place, my friend just got a new atv585, when I try to add a repo the system freeze and I have to unplug it to restart.

please help!!!!!!

Wow Justin, this is all great news.

And the KODI downside is not a problem, if you ask me. I like clean install of firmware, and programs.

hi guys, know this is not the right place, my friend just got a new atv585, when I try to add a repo the system freeze and I have to unplug it to restart.

please help!!!!!!

I will answer this in the 585 thread you posted in about this issue

Thanks

Justin, are you going to release the update that you are working on or hold on until it's good enough for release?

Now with new firmware from the factory will it hold up your release? Firmware will always be in need of improvement.

The last official firmware update was November 2014, we are nearing April 2015 ... This has to be the slowest Android development I have ever seen - period. I should know, I own a couple of these boxes myself. Not trying to be difficult about it, just need the video codecs to be improved for the stock video player as I don't do Kodi and neither does my better half.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin, are you going to release the update that you are working on or hold on until it's good enough for release?

Now with new firmware from the factory will it hold up your release? Firmware will always be in need of improvement.

The last official firmware update was November 2014, we are nearing April 2015 ... This has to be the slowest Android development I have ever seen - period. I should know, I own a couple of these boxes myself. Not trying to be difficult about it, just need the video codecs to be improved for the stock video player as I don't do Kodi and neither does my better half.

Let us know how it goes.

Yes I agree this update has been slow.

Just there were a lot of things to fix on this so there has been a lot of back and forth with testing new files that come to me. This next update we will be at the most stable point we have been for 1800/582. We will also be able to move back to sending OTA updates as well rather then manual updates.

There are 2 things that need to be changed on this new firmware, which are minor. So I should have that to me by Friday, and once I see it is fixed and good to go. I will post it up as an announcement on the forum.

Thanks for looking out for us Justin. I appreciate the feedback and know that you are trying to make the firmware better and better, I have no issues with the unit.

Just need those darn video codecs betterd so I can just use 4K player and only 4K player :-)

Hi Justin, will this be fixed in the new version with Kodi 14.1 update as it has been faulty in the last 2 updates ?

@ Kasmca I dont want to hide the status bar I use it all the time, 2 versions ago they had it set to auto hide when XBMC opened up, You Tube currently does the same when playing videos. I use the android desktop like a tablet with keyboard and mouse.

I, m so tired of the atv 582. It keeps freezing and heating when i use the bloody thing.

Consider to go on Netflix.

From the first-day on it s a problem child.

all the 582's I have owned non of them ever got hot a lot of people do not know this but all electronics need to breathe properly in glass cases units are the biggest no no

my 582 is on a stand so the air flows under and on top and sides

don't have a stand three bottle caps from a water bottle will be high enough and keep it away from any other heat source by at least 8"

heat kills electronics period

if on a stand and away from everything then you have a cold solder joint some where on the board and I would make a ticket before your warranty expires

my sister has another brand and I touched it over at her house cause she was always complaining how poorly it ran

I burnt my fingers that's how freaking hot it was

grabbed three caps lifted it up within the hour you could touch it easily and it played back flawlessly

Will Netflix In HD be obtained in the official release of this firmware?

Netflix is in SD still on this firmware and I was looking forward to Netflix in HD.

Or will HD playback only happen in Lollipop?

BBC iplayer also not working.

I don't see an answer to this anywhere.

I bought this box recently and disappointed with a) Netflix only in SD and b) read on the threads that a new release with Lollipop was going to be out in 2015 and no clear answer to that

I have upgraded the new Beta 02/25.

Few issues.

HDMI black out is not fixed.

Voice delay while watching the stream or video. have to adjust every time

streaming slows down and NO SOUND. have to reboot the unit to fix.

Status bar does not disappear in this firmware update I am posting today.

I will get them to fix this though in an OTA Update.