Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Donuts

Backing up Kodi issues

Trying to backup Kodi using the Backup addon from the Kodi repo.... on my 1900 AC....Does not matter if I try and use a usb stick ..micro sd card or an external hard drive.

Same error comes up...."may not be writeable, do want to continue " I go yes..goes through the motions, but no backup.

All devices I'm trying to backup on are fat32.

In File Manager these devices show up fine, as well they are all empty and more than ample free space ranging from 16gb.,32gb.,and 72gb.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

sorry for delay when your backing up Kodi via Backup Addon, did you go to setting and choose the proper Drive for backup?

sorry for delay when your backing up Kodi via Backup Addon, did you go to setting and choose the proper Drive for backup?

Hi James,

Yes I did...even tried usb stick and an external hard drive to no avail.....

All show in settings for Kodi backup .... same write error on all

I would do two things.

a) throw some music or shows onto a stick to make sure you can read them from the Kodi file manager.

b) uninstall and reinstall Kodi. Might have been an original install issue. Uninstall and reinstall backup,too.

c) Google "USB -SD Card Wizard". It does the same as backup.

I would do two things.

a) throw some music or shows onto a stick to make sure you can read them from the Kodi file manager.

b) uninstall and reinstall Kodi. Might have been an original install issue. Uninstall and reinstall backup,too.

c) Google "USB -SD Card Wizard". It does the same as backup.

Thanks wjw ...I opted for " c " .... it seemed to work.

Strange...never had this problem with the 1800.

Neither "Backup" nor "USB -SD Card Wizard" add-on works for backup. I have set the backup/restore location correctly on both these add-ons. When I try to do a backup using "Backup" I get following message "May not be writeable. Do you want to continue?" I click on Yes and only few files gets copied to my 8GB FAT 32 USB drive/ 32 GB FAT 32 SD Card. When I try to backup using "USB -SD Card Wizard" I get error message on bottom right stating to check error log file. Please note that both of these add-ons work fine on my Windows 7 laptop which is running Kodi 14.2. Please advice.

There is an issue that we are aware of on the 1900AC about not being able to write to a USB or SD Card.

We have fixed the USB issue on our next FW update, we will solve the SD Card issue about a week later.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this.