Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weaselvw

Not happy at all with this android box

Well it seems like I will not be buying anything else from mygica I am quite unhappy right now with the 1900 video freezes still while trying to watch anything weather it be an app or through kodi. I wasted 200 dollars on this piece of crap and wish I could return it for an 1800 or a different product altogether Justin I know you try to help but I continue to have the same issues even with these updates going out either you guys fix it soon or I will never buy another product from you guys again

is it just started happening? can you please provide the software version and built version please?

so we better attack the problem and fix it for you

Beentherdonethat, is this a joke or are you a new mod.....if this is serious response from a MyGica rep, we're all done here people.....

Justin please respond. I would like to hear from you that this person is a new mod. I see this persons account is color coded as a global moderator but seriously?

With all of the feedback on this forum is MyGica serious that you want us all to start sending you individual details on our box? Isn't there enough feedback on this forum to give enough evidence there are serious problems with the unit and/or the firmware releases? I'm not understanding what this specific information will have to do with resolving all of the issues noted throughout this forum and I would think if you want to collect software versions and build versions is that this will form a formal support process that includes a plan to refund or exchange these devices as you have previously eluded.

For what it's worth, I'll play along.

- Android version 5.0.2

- Uboot version 49b121d(20150320.102516)

- kernel 3.10.33 clei@ubt124 8df5458(20151028.111006)

- build number is stvm8-userdebug 5.0.2 V003M801_20160203 eng.jp. 20160203.182051 test-keys

Now please, seriously, fix it.

Thank you.

As far as the software # not sure where to find that but the build # is (stvm8-userdebug 5.0.2 V003M801_20160203 eng.jp.20160203.182051 test-keys

I'll play this game too!

Build STVM8-userdebug 5.0.2 v003m801_20160203 eng.jp.20160203.182051 test.keys

Version 5.0.2

Model Mygica ATV1900AC

Problems:

- ethernet stalls, no response, need to reset box

- box freezes on h.264 or h.265 playback, random, sometimes in kodi, sometimes in 4k player

(all videos played from local USB hd)

- some videos will start playing with loud buzz, reset of box and attempting to play video again will fix problem

- box freezes randomly when just on the home screen, need to do a power reset manually with no response from remote (rf or the supplied Mygica wireless remote)

- Volume will lower when pausing any videos, only fix is to put volume down then back up to restore volume setting.

There are just a few.

I posted this in another thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after many back and forth on the Phone and Email with my team in China.

I did show them preety much everything that has been written about the 1900 on this Forum.

So I have taken action to get something done. We realize there is just an issue with Android 5.0 in general, and not exactly the hardware itself.

This is what will be done within the next 2-4 weeks for the 1900AC

1. Will be upgrading to Android 5.1. We received the 5.1 SDK for S812 and will be making it work on the 1900AC. This will take a few weeks to do. Please do not ask me for an exact date, as I do not have it. Also do not ask when it will be released for 1800/582/585/586/380, because I just do not have an answer to that right now.

We will then see everyone's feedback on there 1900. Then reevaluate the situation.

2. Will make a Android 4.4 version available to everyone. Since the 1900 is very similar to the 1800, we can do this rather quickly. 1800/4.4 Firmware has been proven to be very stable.

3, Will bring an update to Openelec to address some minor issues.

Once this is all done, you will have 3 working solutions to use on your ATV 1900s. 2 of them being Android, and one of them being OPENELEC.

If still not satisfied with the above 3 options once they become available. We have something else in the works to satisfy all 1900 customers that are not happy.

Thanks

Justin