Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

39er

VPN configuration issues

To configure VPN in my case, I require advanced parameters such as MSCHAP and MSCHAP v.2 as well as 128 bit encryption. These parameters are not available in the advanced configuration form.

The following is what the input form actually offers/allows:

Protocoll: PPTP and others

Gatweay; Username and Password.

There is actually an advanced section but it only allows DNS info which I do not need as this info is supplied by my router.

The Android version on the system is 4.4.2.

I would appreciate assistance with the configuration. Thank you.

39er

39er, you can not setup the MSCHAP and MSCHAP v.2 on our box, but way around, if you have a Router setup VPN on that with proper settings and you need to auto connect via Wired or Wireless as normal and use your box.

bindaredondat, thank you for your reply and the info given.

I actually do not prefer to modify my router since I prefer individual machine setups if and when geo tagging is required.

Now I wish to delete my configuration attempt, but I do not see any such possibility either. Would you be so kind and help out again.

Thank you.

39er

I will bring your request to our dev team, but remember that as OS limitation, i do not believe can be done. I will request to see if they could make an app for VPN to make it work.

Vypr VPN or PIA(Private Internet Access) are good Android based APPs to use for VPNs.

This is an alternative to using your router.

+1 on PIA. I have 51 days left on my 1 year account and its most definitely been worth the money...