Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800E 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

This is our feedback thread for the latest 09/16/2014 ATV 582/1800E Firmware File which was just released as an OTA Update over the internet and straight to your box.

The Announcement and Release Notes for this latest update can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1893

Please let me us know your feedback for the ATV 1800E

Thanks

Hi Justin,

Some time after I performed an OTA update to the 9/16 firmware, my Google Play Store app stopped working. (endless spinning circle) I'm wondering if it could have been a bad flash and if I can get a copy of the firmware so I can try to manually re-flash it.

Hi Justin,

Some time after I performed an OTA update to the 9/16 firmware, my Google Play Store app stopped working. (endless spinning circle) I'm wondering if it could have been a bad flash and if I can get a copy of the firmware so I can try to manually re-flash it.

Waiting on China to send me this firmware to me, so I can post it up here on the forum for Download.

Should have it posted by Monday.

Hi Justin,

Has the XBMC 13.2 MyGica edition .APK file been posted yet? If so, where can I find it?

I will have it by middle of next week and post it up

Thanks

Justin,

Still no OTA. If it doen't happen by tuesday then it wont happen for 7 more days as it is the national days of China from 3rd to 7th. FYI.

They told me last night it should be back up by tonight

Good. Hope so. Will check when i get home from work.

What was the reason that they took this OTA out of the data stream? Was there something wrong with it Justin?

Good. Hope so. Will check when i get home from work.

What was the reason that they took this OTA out of the data stream? Was there something wrong with it Justin?

Had pre loaded add ons in XBMC, needed them to remove it.

Justin OTA is still not available. Did they give you a time line? Wow I must sound like I'm obsessed. :(

Spoke with them last night, said it would be up by tonight

Justin,

It didn't get in the data stream last night so I went to MyGica dot com and downloaded the files and installed manually. Update worked but I didn't get the MyGica store app installed. Do we have to factory reset to get this or is there another way? I'd really like to get that new Netflix app from there.

Can you give me any input?

Thanks

Justin,

It didn't get in the data stream last night so I went to MyGica dot com and downloaded the files and installed manually. Update worked but I didn't get the MyGica store app installed. Do we have to factory reset to get this or is there another way? I'd really like to get that new Netflix app from there.

Can you give me any input?

Thanks

China went on there National Holiday as of last night, and wont be back till Oct 6th, so therefore I cannot do anything with them right now, as they are not working.

The update that is available for download on Mygica.com is the 09/06 version, so therefore you will need to factory reset for all the new updates that come with it, to become installed, this was all fixed on the 09/16 version with the OTA update, but they pulled it because there was an issue with XBMC that I made them aware of.

OK no biggie, I will factory reset after I backup xbmc data. That's all I really have on there to save.

So everything else will be up to date with this firmware though?

OK no biggie, I will factory reset after I backup xbmc data. That's all I really have on there to save.

So everything else will be up to date with this firmware though?

Ok no problem

And not fully up to date, as there were changes made to the 09/16 to fix from the 09/06 firmware.

Mygica(dot)com this is the USA site. Select downloads/1800e

Note: this is not the 09.16.2014 software but rather a release from the week before 09.06.2014. It does however have all the new programs in it like:

Xbmc Gotham 13.2

MyGica store with many downloads in it

Ftp server

Quick boot program for booting into recovery.

Lots more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Note: in order to get most of these updates you must format data on the box. Make sure you backup your xbmc data prior to flash.

I think if you wait for the 09.16.2014 OTA you won't have to format data.

Worked for me though. I haven't had to much time to play with it yet though.

Mygica(dot)com this is the USA site. Select downloads/1800e

Note: this is not the 09.16.2014 software but rather a release from the week before 09.06.2014. It does however have all the new programs in it like:

Xbmc Gotham 13.2

MyGica store with many downloads in it

Ftp server

Quick boot program for booting into recovery.

Lots more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Note: in order to get most of these updates you must format data on the box. Make sure you backup your xbmc data prior to flash.

I think if you wait for the 09.16.2014 OTA you won't have to format data.

Worked for me though. I haven't had to much time to play with it yet though.

Great suggestion for those looking for the latest update till the OTA Update becomes available again.

Hi, I purchased a 1800e today and I've been playing around with it for a few hours, to my disappointment, I was watching something in XBMC, the sound turned to static noise, asked me to reboot due to update, so I did, it did its thing and showed the android with the spinning belly and the screen was pinkish. It rebooted and update and backed up 12 things, then it rebooted again and it wiped the unit!! I now understand that it needs factory wipe but it would of been nice to give a warning.

Also I under stand that the Logitech C270 seems to work well with the 1800e, when I load Skype, the Logitech webcam I have (higher model than the 270) works well but as soon as I connect via a video call, I can only see the other person and my video of me freezes. Wouldn't most Logitech webcams work, they should all have similar drivers.

Also I can't get DTS MA to work, Gotham doesn't support DTS MA >>=\

Hi, I purchased a 1800e today and I've been playing around with it for a few hours, to my disappointment, I was watching something in XBMC, the sound turned to static noise, asked me to reboot due to update, so I did, it did its thing and showed the android with the spinning belly and the screen was pinkish. It rebooted and update and backed up 12 things, then it rebooted again and it wiped the unit!! I now understand that it needs factory wipe but it would of been nice to give a warning.

Also I under stand that the Logitech C270 seems to work well with the 1800e, when I load Skype, the Logitech webcam I have (higher model than the 270) works well but as soon as I connect via a video call, I can only see the other person and my video of me freezes. Wouldn't most Logitech webcams work, they should all have similar drivers.

Also I can't get DTS MA to work, Gotham doesn't support DTS MA >>=\

Hi

If you took the 08/01 OTA update, then yes this will over write everything. All new updates after this will no longer do this.

We currently use 3 different Logitech Cameras on a few 582 and 1800's that we use in the office, and do not have the issues that you are explaining.

Try uninstalling Skype and re installing it from the Play Store, to see if this helps.

Also, if Gotham does not support DTS MA, then we are unable to support it as well.

Try looking at some codec packs for MX Player, as there are some third party ones out there which have the DTS codecs.

I think it has to do something with Skype which I'll try re-installing as he webcam works fine in Camera mode. I'm currently using.

logitech_quickcam.gif

As for XBMC 13, fair enough... I can't seem to permanently disable subtitles which is annoying.

I think it has to do something with Skype which I'll try re-installing as he webcam works fine in Camera mode. I'm currently using.

logitech_quickcam.gif

As for XBMC 13, fair enough... I can't seem to permanently disable subtitles which is annoying.

Ok let me know how it goes