Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800E 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

Ok , so following the steps mentioned worked on recovering the system back to life, but having a system die a day after arriving from am update and i having to come to a forum to fix it for lack of a telephone number to call and resolved the issue even-worst , just the fact it malfunction a day from having it , is just not a food start , I must say , i rather look at my other options and be returning this system for all the obvious reason

Sorry that this happened to you. At least you were able to fix it with advice from the forum.

Try out the box for a week before you consider returning it. You should really like it.

If you need anymore help on here, feel free to ask.

Ok, I like many features from the box and am been honest to say i have own other brands with no serious issues and when i was on the market for a quad system i wanted to try a different brand , one that i believe would be the best choice was this product but i was disappointed by a poor start. Anyhow , i certainly will give it a couple of weeks , as i mention there many features i like about and am hopeful i can tweak it to my needs. Would you be able to let me know if this following issue is related to the system the software or xbmc on it, but when playing xbmc repos (icefilm, navi-x, genesis.. ) i get distorted videos and i have to go to different links and/or folders for the same movie/tv show until i can get one without the distorted image, please advice? And how can i add sportsdevil as is not under the fusion repos at all? Please advice

As Justin indicated on page 5 of this thread, "I will be posting a firmware update which has the latest Kernel update from AMlogic, which fixes the Interlacing issue that all of you are having. Just waiting on them to include the fix for XBMC Live TV on our Mygica edition of XBMC 13.2"

I assume that you are referring to the interlacing issue when you say your picture is distorted.

For Sports Devil, just google Repository.SportsDevil.zip and you should be able to find it for download. :D

Yes, It was on reference to the correct terminology of interlacing as opposed of distorted picture, with it I guess is part of my gica hardware/software issue and not of xbmc end. Hopefully an update is to come out soon so i can really have the opportunity to enjoy or judge my new system fairly. I will finding the sports devil repo to set it up. Since am moving to the xbmc topic , may I have a recommendation from you as to configure xbmc thru the hub-wizard (my gica option ) or just install all repos thru installer ?

I always prefer to manually install repos and addons manually as opposed to using wizards. I've always found that Wizards install many addons that I simply don't use (and end up removing). It's really just personal preference.

I will post up new firmware by tomorrow

Please note the following:

Since this a big update, this will factory reset your box. This is why we are not sending it down as an OTA update.

ATV 582- Will be a simple firmware upgrade file, using an SD card and the Manual Update within the Upgrade App

ATV 1800E - You will have to upgrade it using an SD card, similar to how you upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2. Due to hardware differences between the 582 and 1800E, we had to do some different changes to the firmware in order for the firmware to recognize all of the 1800E's hardware properly.

I will post this in the downloads section on both the 582 and 1800E sections.

Thanks

Ok, wait a minute , so am i getting this right, so is it correct to say, I wasted two days with a expensive unit just recently opened , trying to make it work correctly , configuring all app settings and adding repos and so forth to xbmc in addition of having to fix a crash system from start , all for nothing, as with the new update that will be posted tomorrow will fix the interlacing , hopefully , but need to do a fresh wipe out of the entire system again !! Man oh man guys , I am trying to be very optimistic about my selection of system , but guys this is really not good , really not good, I can't imagine every other update having to clean wipe install over and over, I hate admiting I've done such a poor choice of product after researching for a while before buying a product and settling on this product as a best choice , but i am now coming to a conclusion that I was wrong , specially knowing that from my other less advance system from a different brand I haven't gone thru all this issues, specially when they release updates , all done thru OTA with no flick or system workOuts...am not a happy camper so-far and sorry to call it as I see it..

[quoteChick,

When you say your waiting on the fix for live TV on XBMC, what exactly do you mean by "fix for Live TV"?

Thanks,]

I was just relaying what Justin had posted earlier in the thread. Apparently there is an issue with Live TV functionality on this box. Meaning that Live TV is enabled and configured in System-Live TV. I am not currently using that so I cannot comment on what the issues are.

deedee- All is not lose here. All you need to do is use the USB SD Card Backup addon or the XBMC Backup addon and perform a backup of your current configuration. After the update, just perform a restore and you are good to go. Keep in mind that the 1800e is a fairly new box... that said, an update that requires a factory reset may be required in order to improve functionality.

Chick,

OK, thanks for responding. I guess when I read your post I somehow came to the conclusion that you were posting from MyGica. (Me being very mixed up).

Deedee,

You need to brush up on your Android no how. There are many apps available for backing up the current apps you have configured on the 1800e. Simply backup to a USB device then restore after the firmware upgrade. As for xbmc, there is a backup plugin that you can run and also save to USB. No need to start over from scratch.

Chick/fragrant,

Thanks for all the pointers, please realized of my hopeful expectations to my atv 1800e box, in my research of many products out here , and , narrowing my selection from 3 different product , atv 1800e became my first choice , and I was waiting was dor a - Wow!! - factor and not my current disappointment from a product with so many flaws right out of the box. Perhaps some had it for a while , but I just got it, and to be fair atv 1800e was the pricier of the three, so my expectations were way above standards. Anyhow, I will eagerly wait for tomorrows update and see if it fixes all issues am finding out witj my system, from xbmc interlacing to webpages not rendering flash sites , as other xbmc unknowns ( navi-x displaying "can not connect to server and no cached file exist", speed test displaying super slow test, buffering even thou my service speed are way over high from regular home service @40mgs) , I sure need to brush up on my android skills but not at such an early stage of a brand new system.

Justin,

Is the following still going to happen?:

......................................................................................................................................................................

will post up new firmware by tomorrow

Since this a big update, this will factory reset your box. This is why we are not sending it down as an OTA update.

ATV 582- Will be a simple firmware upgrade file, using an SD card and the Manual Update within the Upgrade App

ATV 1800E - You will have to upgrade it using an SD card, similar to how you upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2. Due to hardware differences between the 582 and 1800E, we had to do some different changes to the firmware in order for the firmware to recognize all of the 1800E's hardware properly.

Thanks

Justin,

Is the following still going to happen?:

......................................................................................................................................................................

will post up new firmware by tomorrow

Thanks

Posted up the ATV 582 firmware file about an hour ago.

Waiting on a Video to be made by the morning to post up the ATV 1800E file, since different steps are involved for this.

Justin,

Not sure if this has been discussed but in my opinion, the red and green status lights appear to be backwards (red is on and green is off). Is this something that can be changed with a software update or is this just the way it is?

Thanks

Justin,

Did I missed understood but was the update to happened today also for thr 1800e or was it just for the 582- know am a little confused did I mistaken the 1800e as a been the superior of both systems but instead the 582 is the superior system since it got its update already , if so I still have plenty of time to swap it, please advice