Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800E 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

Guys any word of the 1800e update ? I know I may sound anxious but I haven't be able to experience my new system fully yet! I am still very hopeful but can It let be know if the manual firmware be placed today or by when...

Ty

Justin,

A week ago you asked to try your product for a week before returning due to my un happiness from it. Today is a week from it and I am sad to let you know that my product will be returning back to amazon tomorrow. Many factors lead me to no longer hold on to your product the main one been I have lost all trust on you and the company as a whole in respects to technical work, customer service satisfaction , poor marketing waste-fulness of expenses. In reality the product was advertised all over the internet surely much expenses went on the marketing to it, again , it should had gone on producing a quality product and gliches , firmware development , stability and many testing on features should had been money expended before launching the product to the consumer. I take my money seriously as opposed to other user in this forum that really lack the understanding that our purchase of your product is not just a purchase but an investment. I have invested on your product with it on the company and have come on drastically short. Understand that a company that consetrates their resources on marketing and pushing producr out production, in,disregard of technical , stability , and quality of product for their investors are destine to fail. I understands tweaks always need to occurred but only when aproduct had susuccessfully launch with a very stable firmware and hardware as well as great techincal support all lacking in this product and company. I wish you and your company the very best, I for one never like to judge or rate a product without first giving it a fair run but in this case is one of my worst experience as an investment point of view so I must give it on amazon the worst rating possible and post all my experience here. Time for me to pick my second choice and hope my experience with them are much more positive.

I agree with Freakrants comment. Furthermore, when you say "I take my money seriously as opposed to other user in this forum that really lack the understanding that our purchase of your product is not just a purchase but an investment", that is offensive and I am sure others in this forum agree. This forum is here to help users get the most out of their investment, not to slam the manufacturer for trying to support their product. You are the one who really lacks the understanding of what it takes to deliver solid performance out of one of these boxes. Each and every brand has had various issues out of the gate. I can speak from experience as I own a Minix X8H, Probox2 EX, and an ATV1800e. They all have their ups and downs so to speak... And each has had firmware updates to improve functionality, some of which took months to resolve.

@freakrant,

Sorry freakrant I cannot further comment on your post towards me in regards of me getting "rants", how can I , when is obvious you are not thinking when you are posting, "rants" from someone who wears it "freakRANT" as a nick , funny. Anyhow, I will let you continue on your journey of endless wait firmware loop, as I mention before not everyone understands the difference of investment, grown people who earn their dollar every day understand every dollard spend is an investment , everyone else either gets their product bought by daddy and mommy or are just grown man who's mission in life is to play and buy every video game , therefore , both lacking this understanding of business and consumer , products and investment. Remember , a person who reviews positive and negative and lets its provider know both ways is an investor, a person who does not and just sit and waits, and is satisfy as is, well, as I mention earlier is either one of the other two.

Good luck again, and keep on rocking gamer!

Justin,

Not sure if this has been discussed but in my opinion, the red and green status lights appear to be backwards (red is on and green is off). Is this something that can be changed with a software update or is this just the way it is?

Thanks

Black electrical tape over all lights on 1800, they are annoying and make it look like it was made 1990 :)

Why they didn't use the blue as on 582 is beyond me.

Justin,

A week ago you asked to try your product for a week before returning due to my un happiness from it. Today is a week from it and I am sad to let you know that my product will be returning back to amazon tomorrow. Many factors lead me to no longer hold on to your product the main one been I have lost all trust on you and the company as a whole in respects to technical work, customer service satisfaction , poor marketing waste-fulness of expenses. In reality the product was advertised all over the internet surely much expenses went on the marketing to it, again , it should had gone on producing a quality product and gliches , firmware development , stability and many testing on features should had been money expended before launching the product to the consumer. I take my money seriously as opposed to other user in this forum that really lack the understanding that our purchase of your product is not just a purchase but an investment. I have invested on your product with it on the company and have come on drastically short. Understand that a company that consetrates their resources on marketing and pushing producr out production, in,disregard of technical , stability , and quality of product for their investors are destine to fail. I understands tweaks always need to occurred but only when aproduct had susuccessfully launch with a very stable firmware and hardware as well as great techincal support all lacking in this product and company. I wish you and your company the very best, I for one never like to judge or rate a product without first giving it a fair run but in this case is one of my worst experience as an investment point of view so I must give it on amazon the worst rating possible and post all my experience here. Time for me to pick my second choice and hope my experience with them are much more positive.

Sorry deedee that we were unable to satisfy you on your purchase.

In regards to marketing, we do a lot of marketing, but a lot of what you are seeing are being done by our dealers. We spend $$ on marketing and product development etc, just want to clarify that marketing isn't the only thing we spend our $$ on.

Since the release of the 1800 and 582 back in April and June, we have been working hard at coming out with new updates to better the product and fix problems. A lot of these problems are reported by users from this forum. I myself am not an engineer, but I am very technically inclined and know a lot about our product. I am also in direct contact with our engineers, and work with them to better our product. They are 12 hours ahead of where I am located, and I am sometimes up until 5am with them, sleep for few hours and then head to the office.

I feel this latest update for the 582 and 1800 is our most stable release yet.

As for lacking of Hardware , I find our Hardware to be very good, I have tried lots of other brands for Android boxes on the market and see the lack of quality that goes into a lot of the other Android boxes out there. Also we are one of the only brands that honor a Full 1 years warranty, this is because we are confident in our product and stand behind it. Don't get me wrong, there are also other great hardware makers available, just from what I have seen, the market is flooded with a lot of low quality no name brand Android boxes more then quality ones.

In regards to Technical support, I am not sure how we lack here? We are one of the only companies which offers a Forum, Email, Live Chat and Toll Free Phone support.

Once again, sorry you were not satisfied with your purchase. Hopefully you enjoy the other product you plan to purchase.

Markocc wrote:

They dont use latest amlogic sdk?in xbmc video interlacing problem (vertical lines) Interlace video ,sry on my bad eng .i will try to put some photo

http://i57.tinypic.com/e9cayw.jpg http://www.100fps.com/distortion2.jpg

Doesn't so it every time but hella annoying

Go to IceFilms Addon

Select OTHER from the list

Select POPULAR

Select the video called;

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 HD

Source [MR]HD Full , or go to mashup hd movies demon88 u will see ,is not all time but some times is so so... :evil: .this is not becouse version xbmc .

this is becouse they use old kernel scource ,i hope they will update new rom soon !

is not related to Hardware ,Media ,XBMC version or resolution all about sources they've used in the Latest 2 FW

i hope they will update fw with kernel based on latest Amlogic SDK (2014-08-23)

Justin wrote: Ok thanks, responded to this in another thread,

Justin, I'm experiencing this same issue with most videos. Do you have a link to the alternate thread that this was continued on so I can find the fix for it? through all my searching, this is the only thread that popped up in google search and forum searches.

thanks!