Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadeye

Tried to upgrade AVT520E, KR34, Bricked it.

I put these 2 files on a blank microSD card:

update_MyGica_4.220140823_KR34.IMG

update_spi_stvmx_20140322.img

Pressed update local, used spi file, the screen showed the android logo with a shape spinning inside him for a while then went to blank screen and red light. Now that is all it does...blank screen and red light.

Any way to save it?

I put these 2 files on a blank microSD card:

update_MyGica_4.220140823_KR34.IMG

update_spi_stvmx_20140322.img

Pressed update local, used spi file, the screen showed the android logo with a shape spinning inside him for a while then went to blank screen and red light. Now that is all it does...blank screen and red light.

Any way to save it?

Was your unit upgraded to 4.2 before you tried these 2 files?

As these files are meant to only be used if your unit has been upgraded to Android 4.2

Hey,

We're trying to do some firmware updates on the 4.1 to 4.2 as-well and having a really hard time finding the files to do so. Mind posting the link to the forum post here Justin?

Thanks!

I guess I thought I was updating to 4.2. The question stands, any way to save it?

We currently do not have anyway for customers to unbrick there boxes. You will need to get it replaced from your reseller under warranty.

I bought 2 of them a short while ago, one is now bricked, They are all android 4.1 as far as I know. I went to the .com site and downloaded the "firmware" what exactly are those 2 files?

You need to convert your box from 4.1 to 4.2 before you even try those files you see on mygica.com

If you install those 2 files on your box and you are using 4.1, you will brick your box. You must be upgraded to 4.2 before you try any new 4.2 Firmware files.

Hi Guys...

So, if is Bricked it you say no solution...???

Would be nice to have a better explanation as your guys are experts in this....

As I in the medical field....

Hi Guys...

So, if is Bricked it you say no solution...???

Would be nice to have a better explanation as your guys are experts in this....

As I in the medical field....

I have seen the equipment needed to unbrick boxes at our factory in China, and this is not something that you can just find at any store to just do yourself at home.

I have asked for this equipment for our use here at our offices in North America, but was told to just exchange units that are bricked under warranty as this is an easier solution.

So for now, exchanging the units for a new one is our solution for bricked units.

My ATV520 is having same issue(stuck on red light).Any solution because my box is almost one year old and not under warranty.

There has been solutions posted on our forums. But they are not the most easy thing to follow

If your unit is almost one year old, then it should still be under warranty. Since we have 1 years warranty.

If you still have your receipt, then you should have no problem getting warranty.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. i can not find my receipt but the box bought at Canada computers. Please can you give me some directions because i already tried couple of methods but without any luck.

In advance once again thanks a lot for your help.

Besides what is posted throughout on forums on unbricking, we currently do not have any simple solutions for unbricking. It is not an easy process, which is the reason why we just exchange units under warranty and send them back to China to be fixed.

And there would be no way to export data from a Bricked box, since the entire OS is preety much corrupted and unusable.

I have bricked my atv520 and I have read through the unbricking but cant get them to work. I contacted mygica about getting it fixed under warranty and they said since my S/N shows it came from China I have to contact the seller or MyGica China.

This is very unhelpful. I sent my seller an email MFG Stores on Amazon, but I fell MyGica should ultimately take care of my warranty work as it is their product. MyGica is MyGica to me whether the item came from China or US.

Any help appreciated.

I have bricked my atv520 and I have read through the unbricking but cant get them to work. I contacted mygica about getting it fixed under warranty and they said since my S/N shows it came from China I have to contact the seller or MyGica China.

This is very unhelpful. I sent my seller an email MFG Stores on Amazon, but I fell MyGica should ultimately take care of my warranty work as it is their product. MyGica is MyGica to me whether the item came from China or US.

Any help appreciated.

Sorry but we only honor warranty for product that came from us. It is not fair to us and our dealers to honor warranty for products bought from china just so the end user can save some $$.

This is why we promote to everyone to buy from within there own country, so they wont have any issues with warranty.

Hi Justin, I able to find my receipt and can you give me some directions that how i can return this box. I bought this atv520 box at Canada computers.

We have a new RMA system

http://rma.mygica.ca

Please note if your looking to get your ATV 520E replaced with a 520E, you must do the warranty with Canada Computers directly. They will honor the 1 year warranty on this model at any of there retail locations.

If you want to do the warranty through us, then we can only exchange it with a ATV 400 since we do not have stock of the 520E, since Canada Computers is exclusive to this model.

Hi

I have also managed to brick my atv520.....CAN anyone help me sort it....I have tried a few different way to flash it..but no luck. I cant even logg into box (not sure how). Tried boot card....but need to hook into box first !!!

any help appreciated..

ip650123,

Which firmware link did you use? Justin replied (in another thread) with a link to 4.2.2, ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 400 and 520E. As far I know this firmware upgrades from 4.1 to 4.2. I am using 4.1.2 on my atv520e, but I haven't tried upgrading yet. After checking out some of the posts I'm not sure if I should or not. Although my unit is still under warranty even if it does get bricked.

What's weird is the upgrade (2013-09 firmware) I did at the beginning of the year didn't have all these issues or bugs (TVs powering off). I just followed the instructions and everything went as planned. I'm getting the feeling is that this firmware wasn't QA'd very well.

Kaito

ip650123,

Which firmware link did you use? Justin replied (in another thread) with a link to 4.2.2, ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 400 and 520E. As far I know this firmware upgrades from 4.1 to 4.2. I am using 4.1.2 on my atv520e, but I haven't tried upgrading yet. After checking out some of the posts I'm not sure if I should or not. Although my unit is still under warranty even if it does get bricked.

What's weird is the upgrade (2013-09 firmware) I did at the beginning of the year didn't have all these issues or bugs (TVs powering off). I just followed the instructions and everything went as planned. I'm getting the feeling is that this firmware wasn't QA'd very well.

Kaito

As long as you follow the directions properly, you should have no issues upgrading to 4.2.

And it has been fully tested, with no issues to report really on it.

It seems the Auto Update does not work...?

Is there a chance to get it working so that don't have to go through briking risk?

We do not offer Auto Updates on our Dual Core models.