Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadeye

Tried to upgrade AVT520E, KR34, Bricked it.

I also managed to brick my 520E. Had followed steps exactly how were mentioned.

Not sure how it works for you! Request you to take off .zip from the downloads so that more guys don't suffer from it.

Any way to recover?

Today, I decided to try out the 4.2.2 firmware on my ATV520E and everything went as planned. I upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 using the link in the ATV520E/400 downloads section. I didn't run into any problems at all.

Thanks for all the reassurances Justin.

Kaito

Today, I decided to try out the 4.2.2 firmware on my ATV520E and everything went as planned. I upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 using the link in the ATV520E/400 downloads section. I didn't run into any problems at all.

Thanks for all the reassurances Justin.

Kaito

Good to hear it worked for you.

I also managed to brick my 520E. Had followed steps exactly how were mentioned.

Not sure how it works for you! Request you to take off .zip from the downloads so that more guys don't suffer from it.

Any way to recover?

Can look through this thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631

Lots of info on here about unbricking.

I called canada computers today in london ontario on richmond st and the guy said since bricked it due to updating it is not covered under warranty and i just bought 4 months ago. So looks like i out $100 kind of sucks.

I followed the video instruction on how to upgrade my ATV520E from Android 4.1 to 4.2 step by step after downloaded all the files onto my micro sd card. Everything ran smoothly until the recovery screen came up. I tried to reboot as the first option shown on the screen, nothing changed afterwards. It brought me back to exactly where the recovery screen is. I tried to reset to factory default (delete all the user data), and reboot afterwards, same screen again. I am not sure what else I can do.

It looks like there is no OS on the box anymore. Please advise what I should do. I wonder if this is the situation what so called "bricked" it?

Thanks

You can unbrick it yourself, it is easy.

DO NOT PLUG POWER IN YET

1) insert a micro SD card with the upgrade package FOR THE VERSION YOU WERE ON BEFORE THINGS WENT SIDEWAYS in the root directory. Make sure that the file: uboot_MX.bin is present.

2) remove the bottom cover.

3) locate U13 - it is labelled on the board - 6 pin chip

4) short pins 2-3 - the arrow on the board points to pin 1 (same side as 1) You can hold a small screwdriver or pencil between the pins. KEEP THE SHORT SHORTED

5) AT THE SAME TIME hold down the recovery button

6) AT THE SAME TIME plug in the DC power cord

7) wait about 10 seconds and you will see the light flash red and blue

8) remove short, stop pressing button and leave the DC power plugged in

9) get a beer/coffee and wait about 15 minutes

Good to go.

U13 might have 8 pins I cannot remember offhand lol. Does not matter just short 2 and 3

Also unless you have three hand get someone else to plug the DC power in for you