Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bala.sangar

Slow speed over WIFI/Ethernet

Hi,

The internet speed is very slow on my atv582 box. The speed test shows 30mbps on my laptop and mobile. On the mygica box, i am only getting 3mbps. Is something wrong with the wifi/ethernet receiver on the box ?

Hi,

The internet speed is very slow on my atv582 box. The speed test shows 30mbps on my laptop and mobile. On the mygica box, i am only getting 3mbps. Is something wrong with the wifi/ethernet receiver on the box ?

Try using the OOKLA Speedtest.net app from the Play Store

As the speedtest app pre installed on the box, is no good.

I noticed the same thing. The new box that I just purchased is very close to my ASUS router but using Wifi I am getting slow speed and I say that because XBMC 13.1 thats on it (firmware 20140801) is constantly buffering and any HD video is not watchable ? Would upgrading firmware help ? Is WIFI addressed in newer version ?

I tried placing 582 right next to the router and although video play back improves but any skip forward or rewind during playback does the same thing, Starts buffering and this is getting the video from my own NAS on the network which plays fine on other devices like tablets, phones, PC etc.. Any Issues with this device WIFI ? as I was actually planning to place this in the room which is further. If it cant play next to the router on wifi how would it work at a distance ?

Upgrade your firmware. Also adjust the Setting in the XBMC go to System->Video->Acceleration and uncheck the Allow Hardware acceleration (amcodec). That worked for me and now the video plays back correctly.

Thanks markuslemm

I asked this question in another post but got no reply. I read sep 25th over the air update has issues and it also doesnt have XBMC update which needs to be done manually ? Is that right ? so I didnt wanted to go with that update.

Next update is 1105 which also has problems (Netflix issues) but does update XBMC to 13.2. So my question was should I go with 1105 update even though it has problems ? Thats the reason I didnt update yet as both updates from what I have now (20140801) seem to have some issues or the other.

I just tried 4 different boxes at work and get 45MB download over wifi.

Tried the 2 units I have at home earlier this week as well and get 35mbs over wifi.

Have you seen which wifi channel you are on?

Hi Justin,

channel 6.

I just tried moving the mygica to a different tv, within 4 ft of the router. Still get 3Mbps download over wifi.

I tried ethernet while it was there, tests at 15Mbps, but I have 30Mbps service, so still seems restricted.

Unfortunately, wired connection isn't an option where I want to put the mygica.

Not that it matters, but upload speed is 10Mbs on both.

On the same TV, XBMC on Raspberry pi with a usb wifi adapter works fine, chromecast works fine too.

Ironically the mygica with the most obvious antenna has the worst performance.

I'm hoping there's a patch or update...

thanks,

Kevin

Here is what I did.

go into wifi analyzer and check which channel has less traffic. Then switch channels on wifi. It did improve for me quite a bit after I did that.

Channel 6 is the least busy channel, I had been through this exercise before mygica...all my other devices work well.

So instead I tried enabling my providers router wifi, it automatically picked channel 11, and the mygica's wifi is working better there.

Is it the router, the channel, the mygica? Doesn't make much sense, but I guess it's working.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Kevin

Yes we have noticed the slow wifi issues people are having come down to Wifi Channels.

I have our engineers looking into why this is happening.

I live in a Condo building and do not have these issues, which most would think I would have since there are so many wifi signals around me.

I just had a breakthrough I moved my 582 away from any signal blocking devices ie stereo , tv screen, Xbox and my signal jumped from .33 Mbps to 15mbps instantly !!!! Seems that the little girl likes her own space!!!!!

I just had a breakthrough I moved my 582 away from any signal blocking devices ie stereo , tv screen, Xbox and my signal jumped from .33 Mbps to 15mbps instantly !!!! Seems that the little girl likes her own space!!!!!

Yes Mark informed me he was able to help you out with this.

Good to hear it is now solved.

I'm having this issue now. I have two 582's. One in my main TV room hooked up directly to my modem. The other upstairs in my bedroom running over WiFi. Both are fully updated. The one hooked directly to my modem is SLOW. We can't watch anything without it buffering every 30 seconds. Not just with Kodi, but with Netflix as well. I ran a speed test and it shows its running under 3MBps when hooked up directly, and 2mbps over WiFi. I run a test on my phone and its 20mbps downstairs.

I run it upstairs on the 582 where injabe no issues via wifi and its 15mbps.

Any advice?

Okay, so here's what I've sussed out.

I have a Rogers Rocket Modem. It works wonderfully. I get the speeds I need, no wifi connection issues throughout my entire house. I was streaming downstairs and upstairs with no issues. No buffering. I was very happy! And then something in the last little while, maybe a week and a half has changed that.

Everything is great.... UNTIL I turn on the AT582 that's in the same room (i have 2 and it doesn't matter which one). The second I turn it on my 'internet is a-ok' lights turn from blue (*thumbs up*) to green (*thumbs down*). My wifi suddenly sucks. I can't access it from my phone, tablet, nothing. Speed goes down to 1-3mbps. It doesn't matter if it's connecting through wifi or directly.

I turn the 582 off, my pretty blue light comes back on and all is right in the world.

What gives? Any tips? Any ideas? Any advise? Any SUPPORT?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Exact Same thing here but with ATV380. I am glad I found this thread - I have been on the phone most of the day with my ISP just assuming the problem was with them. I know see it is with my mygica. Honesly, I think something weird happened with the last firmware update. After that update I noticed that some of the buttons on our remote no longer work.

Can anyone help? I don't have time to waste on a product that is now just causing frustration.

Please...Anyone? Thanks

I hope someone does pop in with some info.

I had to move my modem/router all the way to my basement to get my main box to work again, which is less than ideal when trying to get full house coverage. I moved it upstairs but that caused my box up there to start acting up. There's definitely something up.

I haven't run into any remote issues as of yet though.

I really hope that your issue is simply the placement of your router - but I doubt it.

I spent most of last night doing a hard reset on the box (and reinstalling all the apps). The buttons on the remote came back to life but sadly, the slow speeds persist. About to send the box to Kiijiji and will probably buy something else. It looks like this is common but here we sit just waiting for help.

Good luck and drop me a line if you, or anyone else, has a solution.

I had the box and modem side by side for months before there was an issue. Something in the last OTA firmware update must be affecting it somehow. I'd love to move my modem back up to my main floor if possible, so I hope this gets remedied.

I might make a new thread though. Seems if there is more than one reply a Mod doesn't pop in with any support. I noticed Justin did a round of updates yesterday for the first time in forever on threads with 0 replies. Nothing in this one.

I totally agree that something in the latest firmware release is bad. As noted above, some of the buttons on the remote stopped functioning right after that release, plus the speed issues were more noticeable.

Oddly though, even after I did the hard reset, the speed problem persists (although the remote is now working better). What FW version are you running? I am on 4.4.2 V002M801_20150721. If I read it right, my release was done on July 21st. Any idea if that is current?

Thanks