Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bala.sangar

Slow speed over WIFI/Ethernet

I am aware of the slower then normal Wifi speeds on this version of the Firmware.

Looking to get it fixed soon. Will be done as an OTA update.

Wifi. Ethernet. Didn't matter what my box was hooked up to so long as my router was within 10 feet of it. As soon as my box turned out, it bogged down my entire network.

Wifi. Ethernet. Didn't matter what my box was hooked up to so long as my router was within 10 feet of it. As soon as my box turned out, it bogged down my entire network.

When the box was in use, it overloaded your entire network?

Yup. But only if the box was in the same room as my modem. If I was watching my ATV582 upstairs in my bedroom over wifi, I was fine.

As soon as the blue light on the ATV582 that was in the same room as my modem was turned on, the incoming network light on my router would go out. It would go from 60mbps to less that 1mbps (I did speed tests on my phone over wifi). It didn't matter if the box was on Wifi or connected directly. When I turn the ATV582 off, my incoming network light comes back on, and my network is fine.

(And this all worked fine before the last firmware update.)

I just picked yo a 380 over the weekend - my ethernet connection caps at 20 Mbps down 21 Mbps up using speedtest.net (new release not stock). My wireless is better down at 34 Mbps down but only 7 Mbps up ..

but i have a 250/25 Service -- so being limited at 20 Mpbs seems odd......

My connection was slow before the FW update, but it did deteriorate further afterwards. I connected the LAN again last night and my average over 3 tests (Ookla) was around 250kBps (US & Euro servers seems to be about the same). My Android tablet, next to the box average of 3 tests, ran at 650kBps. My iPhone, same spot and test, ran at 670kBps. Just FYI, my PS3 runs Netflix just fine whilst the box struggles and buffers (even before the FW update). XBMC is also extremely temperamental. It runs absolutely fine off my laptop, but last night the box is running at around 30kBps (no, I did not drop a zero), regardless of the speedtest. This is with Advancedsettings.xml enabled.

The connection also seems to be very temperamental. I am going to borrow a friend's apple TV and do similar tests to make sure it is not my network.

Hi Justin,

Since the last FW update, over the weekend, my WIFI is very very slow, almost impossible to use the box. Any idea when a new update are ready to fix this for ATV 852? I'm ready to give up on this box and any MyGica. Hours of working to investigate to found is a FW issues.

Thanks,

Marc

so is there actually someone from Mygigca looking at this issue? there is no reason I should be rate limited like this
Hi Justin,

Since the last FW update, over the weekend, my WIFI is very very slow, almost impossible to use the box. Any idea when a new update are ready to fix this for ATV 852? I'm ready to give up on this box and any MyGica. Hours of working to investigate to found is a FW issues.

Thanks,

Marc

Agreed. Basically render's the box useless. When it's your only source of 'TV' it's incredibly frustrating.

Here's the last update from Justin.

I am aware of the slower then normal Wifi speeds on this version of the Firmware.

Looking to get it fixed soon. Will be done as an OTA update.

Thank you,

At least something to tell us: a week, a month, a year from now a fix will come, so we know aprox date.

Marc

Beeshaw or Marc, any luck sorting this out?

Quite frustrating and anything you can share will be appreciated.

Nothing yet. I may try to roll back to a previous firmware (that's possible right?)

RIght now I'm just hooking my laptop up to whichever TV I'm watching, which I HATE doing, and is why I bought the boxes in the first place.

Hi,

I tried the old version of the FW, with no luck. You try and let me know if it helps you (but I doubt it).

Pretty much coming to my wits end.

Nada. :cry:

Hi Justin,

Yes, after the latest firmware update. the network connection is always in use and overloads my entire network. Any ETA on a fix?

Thank you,

At least something to tell us: a week, a month, a year from now a fix will come, so we know aprox date.

Marc

For me probably Amazon Fire TV box... Thank you MyGica for few good months together.

Marc

Hi Justin,

Yes, after the latest firmware update. the network connection is always in use and overloads my entire network. Any ETA on a fix?

I have actually never heard of this before.

Is there maybe an app you installed that is running in the back round?

You can find this out by going into the Native Android Settings, and under Apps, look at the Apps that are running.

If you are not using the box, then there should be no reason as to why it would be using up Bandwidth, especially overloading your entire network.