Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 11/05 FIRMWARE FILE **FEEDBACK THREAD**

initial findings (will update next week)

the machine is slower than previous FW - takes longer to respond on specific apps (IPTV + MX PLAYER), also to reboot you have to press power button longer than previous FW

netflix - no more interlacing issues BUT playback is not that smooth

xbmc - no interlacing issues - smooth playback

still waiting for GMS FW for netflix app

This update makes my box un usable. Freezing apps, apps automatically shut down.

And slowwwwwwwwwww interface.

Not happy

Wipe in recovery an flash it again, when it reboots let it sit for while before you sign in.

Explained over and over if you search here....

Put the latest rom zip file on external micro sd

Reboot to recovery

Restore to factory

Point to that zip file on your ext microsd

Flash it

Wipe cache and then reboot

@ lifeisfun did everything you said but still pretty laggy with using apps. Xbmc seems fine

What apps?

Is your internet connection to the box fast enough?

I have noted everything from this thread.

Will definitely pass this info along to our engineers.

Keep the info coming guys. Thanks

can i join ?

Might have some openings in the New Year.

I have a few people on my list from this forum that I personally think would be great to have as a tester.

When I need more people I will PM them.

Thanks

Clash of clans, but i disabled the market automatically updates, so now it, s better.

But sometimes apps shut down a few seconds after opening(including xbmc)

can't get update installed:

Finding Update Package

Opening Update Package

Verifying Update Package

E: footer is wrong

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted

using: Quick boot > recovery > install from EXT > choosing file

i have tried: redownload, different sd cards, reformat (fat32), factory reset. clear cache.

Build V001M801_20140925 is currently installed

can't get update installed:
Finding Update Package

Opening Update Package

Verifying Update Package

E: footer is wrong

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted

using: Quick boot > recovery > install from EXT > choosing file

i have tried: redownload, different sd cards, reformat (fat32), factory reset. clear cache.

Build V001M801_20140925 is currently installed

You can use a USB drive in Recovery mode as well

When I turn the unit back on with the red power button on the remote after turning it off, most times, I get no signal to my TV. I need to unplug and replug in to reboot. Anyone else experience this? In the past the power off and on was not really working, but I had thought prior to this update it was working fairly well.

I have this issue sporadically as well (only a small proportion of the time, though). I have to flick my Receiver to another input and then back to the 582 and then signal is detected immediately (perhaps that'll work on your TV?)

Happened on the previous firmware version as well. Tried experimenting with different CEC settings; no change.

On a related note, I found that it looked like Android apps were occasionally freezing when using my RF keyboard; when in fact they just weren't receiving input: swapping the receiver to the other USB port solved this.

Otherwise still very happy with this firmware release.

Same here the HDMI connection is quirky now, looks like something wrong with the handshake.

Seems that the problem is more pronounced on my Kenwood then Sony receiver.

I have searched this forum, but cannot find the answer. Sorry if this is a pseu-hijack.

(1) Is this update also for the ATV380?

I ask this because this topic http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2151 states that the 582 and 380 are essentially the same unit - but the 380 was simply branded for a specific reseller (Canada Computers).

I also read the explicit instructions here http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2154 that state that this just for the 582. However, there is no forum nor updates for the 380 model (yet).

(2) So, do I take this to mean that I should just keep waiting for the 380s to be formally addressed in these forums, or can I safely follow the 582 update paths for now?

Thanks!

Anybody having problems with the hidden bar not hiding itself anymore with XMBC in the new update?

Go to the box set up and make sure you have it enabled there

I have searched this forum, but cannot find the answer. Sorry if this is a pseu-hijack.

(1) Is this update also for the ATV380?

I ask this because this topic http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2151 states that the 582 and 380 are essentially the same unit - but the 380 was simply branded for a specific reseller (Canada Computers).

I also read the explicit instructions here http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2154 that state that this just for the 582. However, there is no forum nor updates for the 380 model (yet).

(2) So, do I take this to mean that I should just keep waiting for the 380s to be formally addressed in these forums, or can I safely follow the 582 update paths for now?

Thanks!

You can use the 582 update on your 380 with no issues

Noted on the Bar not going away on XBMC

I have noted everything between the 1800e and 582 feedback thread.

And have passed it along, will push for a new firmware update soon

Thanks