Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 11/05 FIRMWARE FILE **FEEDBACK THREAD**

Can find a patch file for the following here

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=2223

This is a small ATV 582/380 Patch File to resolve the following problems from the 11/05 Firmware file.

- Apps taking to long to load

- Firmware is slow, Launcher/Interface is slow

- Apps are closing/shutting on there own.

This is a small ATV 582/380/1800E Patch File to resolve the following problems from the 11/05 Firmware file.

- Dropped Video Frames on 1080P Video Playback

Thanks, Justin. Update seems to have gone OK...Did some testing.

I've never noticed (obvious) dropped-video-frame playback on 1080p video for anything other than 24hz content (as reported here: http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2155#p6552 ). This seems to be unchanged with this patch... (Was this what was addressed?)

Also to confirm: the Build Number still seems suffixed with '20141105' (It's 'V002M801_20141105'). Is this correct? Or did my update perhaps fail without any errors?

Anyone noticed thin black lines about 5mm away from the left and right hand side of the screen when watching TV series? I scroll through the different aspect ratio's and back to "Normal" and its gone. Never use to be there before.

Anyone noticed thin black lines about 5mm away from the left and right hand side of the screen when watching TV series? I scroll through the different aspect ratio's and back to "Normal" and its gone. Never use to be there before.

When setting overscan in you initial box set up set it to 100% and then adjust your overscan in XBMC screen settings. That should solve the problem.

Hi Guys, I seem to be experiencing dropped frames and skipping on Netflix with this version and after the two patches.

I can run Netflix on my smart TV (wired) and from my PS3 (wireless). Mygica is connected wired so its not a network issue.

I tried fiddling with netflix video play back qualities on my account, but it didn't make any difference.

All other media (XMBC Apps, Plex) on the MyGICA appears to play back just fine, just netflix has the issue... any ideas ?

I experienced tearing on the bottom 20% in Netflix after applying the "Dropped frames" patch and had to re-flash my firmware. I tried several versions of Netflix and they all had this problem including the latest from Google Play.

The other patch "mini free" installed fine and did not cause any issues as far as I could tell.

That is what you should do, the link to the patch is correct.

I should mention that I had difficulty re-installing firmware 11/05 but that was probably my box.

If you have difficulties post again.

The one from the Mygica store is a version that will support IR remote.

Not sure about the most recent one from the Play Store.

Justin- I tried all versions of Netflix and it was the same problem that rumrunner4000 reported. Looks like there maybe an incompatibility of that frames patch with Netflix.

I tried to use update app to restore back to 11/05 code before the patches, but it won't let me do it.

Is there a way to go back to 11/05 or will there be a way to remove the patch, or a new patch.

Thanks for your help guys

Ok i will pass along this info for this to be fixed.

You can try re installing the 11-05 file to see if this over writes the patch file

Got my new ATV582 today to replace my failed 1800- so glad.

Just an observation from my side.

The Netflix problem is there where it looks like it stutters or frame drops are experienced.

I didnt load any patches yet - still on 11/05 firmware and not patched - it does look like the unit suffers from performance issues now.

My ATV1800E was faster but the 1 gig difference couldn't be it.

Thanks.

What a bummer. I just applied the latest patch and my Netflix is now screwed up.

Would you please remove the dropped frames patch so others don't get affected too?

I'm going back to the store for an exchange because of this.

I am unable to remove the latest patch, and can't re-install the 1105 firmware upgrade.

Hi, it appears the the update app will not allow you to apply the same update (when I try to do the local update and it searches the SD card, it doesn't show the file, even though I know it's there)

What I did was to use the Quick Boot Application, and select "recovery console", and then "update from ext" and selected SD card and then the image file. The first time it didn't work and I had to re-boot the unit and it took me back to recovery console where I did it again.

The process is not for the faint of heart, but it worked for me.

wallerjs my experience to re flash was much like yours.

I think two things would be helpfull at this point, do not let people download the Dropped Frame patch as it causes Netflix issues and provide a full Firmware like the 11/05 firmware for the 1800E (with all files ie ver1 to ver4, recovery etc).

Later on a detailed step by step guide on reverting firmware along with appropriate firmware files would be very usefull.

There was something similar made for the ATV520, I found it in 2013.