Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 11/05 FIRMWARE FILE **FEEDBACK THREAD**

Okay managed to sort my lagging ATV 582 box out ... rebooted to recovery , did factory reset, applied the img file and cleared cache and rebooted.

Ok thanks for the update guys, good to hear some of you worked it out

I will take down the dropped frames update.

Will also make upgrading more clear.

For those looking to reload the firmware through the "upgrade app", and do not see the IMG File, simply press the 3 lined context menu button 10+ times and the file will appear.

Seasons Greeting and thanks for the support Justin! Hope you had a great day yesterday.

Just a quick note, the reset device option in Android reintroduces the problem, best is to boot to recovery as mentioned above. The firmware is running good on the ATV582 however it seems its based on an older AML SDK where some aml codec issues still exists. I think everyone will be nicely surprised on the next release.

PS: I'm back now :-)

Seasons Greeting and thanks for the support Justin! Hope you had a great day yesterday.

Just a quick note, the reset device option in Android reintroduces the problem, best is to boot to recovery as mentioned above. The firmware is running good on the ATV582 however it seems its based on an older AML SDK where some aml codec issues still exists. I think everyone will be nicely surprised on the next release.

PS: I'm back now :-)

No problem. Yes Christmas was good, but back at work.

Can you let me know what the AML codec issues that still exist?

AML codecs that can be fixed as the latest SDK allows for it:

Encapsulation: Audio Coding: Video Encoding:

AVI (1080p) AC-3 AVC

MKV (1080p) AAC HEVC

MKV (2K) AC-3 AVC

MKV (4K) AC-3 AVC

MKV (4K) AAC HEVC

Hi Justin,

I tried to install the patch and my box is frozen on the Android Icon. You could see the blue line indicator showing it installing and then it just stopped.

Been sitting in this state since last night. Tried resetting using the pin hole in the bottom but nothing. I don't want to unplug it as it probably won't turn back on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Justin,

I tried to install the patch and my box is frozen on the Android Icon. You could see the blue line indicator showing it installing and then it just stopped.

Been sitting in this state since last night. Tried resetting using the pin hole in the bottom but nothing. I don't want to unplug it as it probably won't turn back on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

The reset pin hole only works upon plugging in the power at the same time you are holding down the pin.

Try this, as it sounds like you tried the reset pin while it was still plugged in,

Before you try it though, unplug it and plug it back in. I find it is a lot harder to brick our quad cores then it was Duals and Singles.

I just purchased a atv582 and applied this update,.. during the setup on first startup, I cannot get the WiFi to work. When I select WiFi on the setup screen I do not get a list of networks. Prior to the update it worked fine?

Any suggestions?

Ok, playing with it more I found that during the setup WiFi does not work. But it works if I do WiFi setup manually. All good.

Ok good to know you got it setup

Have you tried Wifi in Other Settings, which is the Native Android Recovery screen.

I'm trying to get the latest update for my MyGica ATV 582 but I just got this message "The selected attachment does not exist anymore."

Just tried it myself, using Google Chrome. Downloaded without issues

Try a different Web Browser.

Upgraded my 582 to 11/05 f/w. When i read this note, i thought everything would be fine...

"We decided to release this on here as a manual update, since an OTA update will erase everything."

However, the upgrade blew away everything... all my Apps and even my Google and Skype accounts... it was like a fresh install. Did i miss a step? I used the manual local update from the SD card.

I tried again on a different 582 and used the MyGica Backup and Restore App, but that did nothing for me. The upgrade blew away everything in that App as well (which makes me wonder, what's the point of the Backup and Restore App??).

The OTA upgrades to 08/01 and 09/25 went fine, and all data was saved, but this manual update to 11/05 did not. If this was by design, then it's very amateur of MyGica.

On a side note, i also installed the two patches available for the 11/05 f/w. How can i tell, by looking at the release info, that the patch has installed correctly? (do you look at the kernel version?) I noticed when i installed the "minfree" patch, the kernel version was dated 20141018, and then when i installed the patch for "dropped video frames", the kernel version changed to 20141017... did i install in the correct order?

Tks!

Hi, it did say in the instructions

**PLEASE NOTE THIS NEW FIRMWARE WILL OVERWRITE ALL APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING**

Did you back-up to an external USB or SD Card ?

John

Yeah, but it didn't say it would blow away my accounts and everything else in my setup (WiFi config, ALL CONFIG!!)... this is essentially a fresh install!! And that line you are quoting contradicts the line i quoted, so i'm sure you can understand my confusion. Flip a coin??

In my opinion, this is a VERY poor upgrade process - it's not even an uplevel version of Android, so why blow away everything?? It things like this that will prevent me from recommending this box to any friends and family (unless they are relatively tech savvy). This box is really geared more towards tech hobbyists.

How do i backup the Apps to an SD card? I tried using the MyGica Backup & Restore App and that did nothing for me. What's the purpose of this App if not for things like upgrades??

I've only been playing with these boxes for about a week, and there's a lot of guesswork to them. MyGica really needs to clean up on quality if they want this box to be sold to a mainstream audience IMHO. For instance, i've learned (the hard way) that an SD card is really mandatory for this box. How expensive is a 4GB or 8GB SD card? MyGica should just include one with every new box... or spell it out that an SD card is mandatory...

I applied the mini 4.4 patch and all I see is the android with t einstall bar on the bottom. It has been stuck there for hours. At first the install bar was moving but now it all is static.

What should I do at this point? I have the latest 1105 firmware which installed fine but when I tried this 4.4 mini patch it seems to be stuck at the android install screen.

Please advise.

Thanks!

I got it to work by resetting the box and all worked out fine. Only issue I found was that the audio seems really low both for xbmc and netflix. I don't recall it being this low in the previous firmware.

Is the low audio a known issue in this firmware?

I have upgraded to this firmware version and ever since the upgrade I can no longer get into recovery (I only get a black screen) and I must unplug the power cable to boot back. I had the 9/16 OTA version before and no issues like this.

Also since this update if the ATV gets in standby and the led turns red, it never comes back.

I have to unplug the power cable.

How can I use the QuickBoot APK to properly shutdown the ATV? It always seems to reboot it. Can you please release a fixed version?

I know I have asked this before but is there some easier way to bring the box up-to date? 7/24 then 11/05? Saw this flashing order in another thread but I can't boot into Recovery anymore :(

If now I need to re-flash from scratch to fix these problems, what are the steps?

Can you guys PLEASE give us a recovery like TWRP/CWM, etc.? It will make everything 10 times easier: take a backup, try new firmware, restore in case of problem without having to re-set everything.

I also have another box X8-M*N*X and there is a recovery available and the flashing procedure is way easier.

Thanks in advance!

Here we go again... tens of flashes later :(

I think I have found what the problem is: I can re-flash the ATV582 step by step, up to the latest version but my 2 other ATV380 are a no-go.

I took it back, step by step, starting with the June 2014 firmware, then the kernel, then the U-boot from 7.18, then the ROM from 7.23... wait...

The U-boot 7.18 installs fine on the ATV582 but no matter what I've tried, it doesn't want to install on the 2 x ATV380.

Is there some sort of protection on the 7.18 u-boot that doesn't recognize the ATV380???

To me that sounds like the only reasonable explanation. I can install it on the 582 but not on the 380.

I have tried with the updater app and also in recovery.

Once I flash the 7.23 ROM but I don't have the 7.18 uboot, I can't get to recovery anymore.

Please help, the ball is no longer in my court... :)

Here we go again... tens of flashes later :(

I think I have found what the problem is: I can re-flash the ATV582 step by step, up to the latest version but my 2 other ATV380 are a no-go.

I took it back, step by step, starting with the June 2014 firmware, then the kernel, then the U-boot from 7.18, then the ROM from 7.23... wait...

The U-boot 7.18 installs fine on the ATV582 but no matter what I've tried, it doesn't want to install on the 2 x ATV380.

Is there some sort of protection on the 7.18 u-boot that doesn't recognize the ATV380???

To me that sounds like the only reasonable explanation. I can install it on the 582 but not on the 380.

I have tried with the updater app and also in recovery.

Once I flash the 7.23 ROM but I don't have the 7.18 uboot, I can't get to recovery anymore.

Please help, the ball is no longer in my court... :)

You should have never installed the June firmware on your boxes, as these are using a totaly different Kernel and Uboot build. This would explain why it cannot take the 7.18 uboot now. The ATV 380 came with the 7.18 Uboot already on it or a version after this, this version is not meant to go backwards to the June update.

Try this update

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2163

I know it says for 1800E, but it should reinstall the OS entirely.

Yeah, but it didn't say it would blow away my accounts and everything else in my setup (WiFi config, ALL CONFIG!!)... this is essentially a fresh install!! And that line you are quoting contradicts the line i quoted, so i'm sure you can understand my confusion. Flip a coin??

In my opinion, this is a VERY poor upgrade process - it's not even an uplevel version of Android, so why blow away everything?? It things like this that will prevent me from recommending this box to any friends and family (unless they are relatively tech savvy). This box is really geared more towards tech hobbyists.

How do i backup the Apps to an SD card? I tried using the MyGica Backup & Restore App and that did nothing for me. What's the purpose of this App if not for things like upgrades??

I've only been playing with these boxes for about a week, and there's a lot of guesswork to them. MyGica really needs to clean up on quality if they want this box to be sold to a mainstream audience IMHO. For instance, i've learned (the hard way) that an SD card is really mandatory for this box. How expensive is a 4GB or 8GB SD card? MyGica should just include one with every new box... or spell it out that an SD card is mandatory...

We switched to a newer Kernel Version, that is why it wiped everything

Sorry but I thought my explanation of what this update will do, people would realize it wipes everything, Future updates like this, I will say exactly what the update does, to avoid confusion again.

We are working on a backup feature right now, that will work.

Also not sure why you think an SD Card is mandatory for this box?

Thanks for your answer, Justin. I tried but it's not working.

The led never blinks red, it's like it doesn't detect the package as a valid firmware.

It gets to a black screen and it just hangs there.

There is no section dedicated to the ATV380 and when trying to download the official firmware, the files are named 582.

I've seen a few times answers to use the 582 firmware on the 380 as they have the same firmware.

I can't say since when I'm having these issues on the ATV380 as it's been a long time since I had to use the recovery.

Last update that worked fine was the september OTA.

My problems started when I tried to flash the 1105 and this happened on both 380s I have.

How come it allows me to install 0608 but not 0718?

What can I do next? Thanks