Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 11/05 FIRMWARE FILE **FEEDBACK THREAD**

ok, after a couple of months of using the device heres what i found:

the device is slow as hell when trying to change from one app to another...

sometimes the apps crash when starting the app for the first time (it doesnt matter which app)

afther being idle for some time (a day for example) the box does not respond, i have to restart it

wifi is ok 99% of the time (being 54g it streams 1080p mkvs under 3 GB)

netflix streams SD only (i have an HD subscription)

xbmc cannot stream live IPTV (streams 10 seconds and thats it) - im using iptv + mx player to solve this

overall.... from 1 to 10, i give it a 7 since the machine is sluggish, OS feels slow

when can we expect next update ?

Hello. I have used the atv582 since December and generally really like it. I have noticed a couple of things though.

1. Like kicsrules mentioned, I too find that if I put the player in standby, the next day it stops responding and needs to be power cycled. Is this a known issue?

2. When using Netflix, I see a slight stutter every 20 seconds or so. Don't see this issue when I use my wdtv.

ty

You cannot compare the Netflix quality of the WDTV and the 582. It's not in the same ball park but let's see after the latest upgrade that's on route. Regarding the stutter set your resolution to 24 HZ in MBox settings to see if it looks better.

Hi Everybody

I have been using my 582 for about a week. Re-installed the 1105 firmware few times as well as the 2 patches. Here are my findings:

- If I install both dropped frames patch and "slow apps" patch Netflix starts having a glitch every 20 seconds or so

- If I only install the small "slow apps" patch everything works 100%, I also dont see any dropped frames watching a 1080 mkv with the 4K player or MX player. Netflix looks 100% XBMC works nicely as well.

I tried Netflix 3.1, 3.8 and 3.9 and they all have the issue as soon as I install the "dropped frame patch"

Just thought I share my findings not sure if it has been mentioned before......

At the moment mt 582 works like a dream on a 4Mbps internet link over a 58dB wireless signal acording to wifianalyzer

Hi Everybody

I have been using my 582 for about a week. Re-installed the 1105 firmware few times as well as the 2 patches. Here are my findings:

- If I install both dropped frames patch and "slow apps" patch Netflix starts having a glitch every 20 seconds or so

- If I only install the small "slow apps" patch everything works 100%, I also dont see any dropped frames watching a 1080 mkv with the 4K player or MX player. Netflix looks 100% XBMC works nicely as well.

I tried Netflix 3.1, 3.8 and 3.9 and they all have the issue as soon as I install the "dropped frame patch"

Just thought I share my findings not sure if it has been mentioned before......

At the moment mt 582 works like a dream on a 4Mbps internet link over a 58dB wireless signal acording to wifianalyzer

Thanks for sharing your findings

We are aware the dropped frames patch did not work properly. Sorry I thought I removed it from downloads section already.

one question, if i want to go back to the 11/05 firmware (without the patches) do i need to manual update (recovery ?) or can i do it through the app inside the OS ??

just to confirm the box is "Bulit in 802.11 b/g/n Dual Band Wi-Fi with External Antenna" right ???

(dual band)

Only our 2015 Edition 1800E comes with Dual Band. All other models are Single Band

Tried to download the new firmware and it says the file is no longer available?

Which file you trying to download?

Let me know, so I can see if I have to fix a broken download link