Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 07/24 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

The MyGica XBMC 13.1 in the upgrade works for me, also the new firmware fixed my other issue: stream app not work after waking from standby.

Overall the upgrade looks great.

thnx for the update, will test it out during the weekend, i didnt have any problems with the box (only video shuttering with the first fw) but i'm really looking forward for the netflix app for this machine.... will report later

Well guys, just installed the new update.

First impression is very good.

Gonna restore xbmc add ons now.

Thanks for this new fresh look and hopefully bug free update ;)

The MyGica XBMC 13.1 in the upgrade works for me, also the new firmware fixed my other issue: stream app not work after waking from standby.

Overall the upgrade looks great.

Good to hear

Thanks for the update. Some feedback:

- Installing, I had a problem with verification of the signature file, which caused the unit to go into the bootloader, but I was able to redownload and try again.

- Also after the install, I believe it was trying to output 4K as I only say the top left quadrant on my 1080 screen. I was able to set the display to disable automatic HDMI to fix this.

- Overall I like the new launcher.

- Home button doesn't work with all apps. For example File Manager or Facebook. Need to hit back button to get to home.

- I experience the strange cropping and stretching when playing back 2.35 aspect ratio movies in XBMC Mygica 13.1 similar to that in 13.0 as indicated in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1615 I loaded the opensource 13.1 and that resolved the issue. Other than the ability to play 4K, what is unique about the mygica 13.1 xbmc compared to the open source on xbmc.org?

-Overall very responsive and stable release.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback

I will take note of the home button issue, as well as making the setting be set to Auto Detect resolution, as well as the problem you are having with XBMC.

And yes for now the only advantage is 4K/2K Video Hardware decoding in XBMC.

Nice touch with the XBMC Mygica Edition - also experiencing the cropping issue & stretching issue as mentioned above in XBMC.

NTFS write issue resolved with this release - thank you so much! :lol:

Temperature of CPU cores running mild. The Geniatech Quad Core Box 20140529 Firmware was running between 30 and 35 DegC.

I dont think its a problem but can you find out for us? :ugeek:

Google Play store problem where I need to log in via web browser and download the file myself - only later Google Play opens when you select "open with Google Play store" Not a huge issue in my books, but its gonna be a bit tough for end users to figure that out as they want plug and play results.

Its as you need to "invoke" it by downloading via the browser and Google Play store. :geek:

Miss MXPlayer addition but can download it myself.

The rest is pretty styling - keep it up and WOW on the bootloader screen - I am impressed - keep it up :D:D:D:D

cropping in xbmc (streams only - navi x) and netflix

this is netflix

zt0P6In.jpg

really annoying, rebooting completely fixes the issue.... picture is too dark but you can see the streching and cropping the video is halfway through the tv

In the new launcher shortcuts change automatically. Sometimes with logo sometimes not. Example, when i open the shortcut youtube it opens file Explorer.

not an issue but turning it off while xbmc is running you need to wait around 2 minutes to turn it on again, doesnt turn off (or suspends) fast enough...

Nice touch with the XBMC Mygica Edition - also experiencing the cropping issue & stretching issue as mentioned above in XBMC.

NTFS write issue resolved with this release - thank you so much! :lol:

Temperature of CPU cores running mild. The Geniatech Quad Core Box 20140529 Firmware was running between 30 and 35 DegC.

I dont think its a problem but can you find out for us? :ugeek:

Google Play store problem where I need to log in via web browser and download the file myself - only later Google Play opens when you select "open with Google Play store" Not a huge issue in my books, but its gonna be a bit tough for end users to figure that out as they want plug and play results.

Its as you need to "invoke" it by downloading via the browser and Google Play store. :geek:

Miss MXPlayer addition but can download it myself.

The rest is pretty styling - keep it up and WOW on the bootloader screen - I am impressed - keep it up :D:D:D:D

Ill check with the CPU temperatures.

As for the Play Store problem, just hooked up 2 ATV 582s and logged in with my Play store account, and had no issues, was able to download new apps etc. So I am not sure why you are experiencing the problem you are having.

The Play Store is something we always test with new updates, as we would not want to release an update with a non working Play Store.

one more thing, stretching (cropping) only occurs when in 720p mode, not 1080i, i dont have a 1080p screen :/

Yes we are aware of this, being worked on

Still no extended IR support with this update?

Thanks

Engineers are still looking into this.

However they are reluctant, due to it being confusing for customers. So it might be released just as a beta file for those who wish to use it.

Great JOB!

Overall a great Firmware Upgrade!! The Launcher is really need! Overall performance is truly great... It's fast, looks a stunning and works well....

Keep up the good work!

Greats XMPeu :D