Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 07/24 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

Will need to check it's the version that came pre loaded it's definitely not that new though. Can I go straight to 07/24?

You will need to check the version

Because I am not sure when or who sold you the box, but there has been quite a few changes made to the box since its initial release, and you need certain file updates installed onto the box before you can even use the 07/24 firmware.

Thought I would try again... restored unit through the updates back to 07/24 went to update software manually and it says that internal SD card does not have enough room (its 2 gb and its empty) and then I thought I would let try to format (one of options), still says not enough room, then you hit cancel and it reboots the unit and its in the recovery console....

isn't 2 gb enough ? can we get this update anyway than through OTA ?

The time in the launcher is not displaying in AM/PM format. I have the 24hr box unchecked. The time in XBMC displays AM/PM fine. I am also having cropping/video resolution issues with the new update recently pushed out. (updateed online yesterday) Had previously updated to the 7/24 version. I have the video selected for 480 (using the composite video ouput) but XBMC is indicating I have 1080. I am not seeing the full video in XBMC but a window that looks magnified.

Should we not have another thread for the new firmware issues?

think i may have worked out what im doing wrong. The update 06/13 looks like the first firmware update which has a heap more files and requires pressing the upgrade button on the device. Will check when i get home but looks like i need to install this update first followed by 06/17 and 06/26 before i can install 07/24.

Would be great if we could get this all done via OTA updates as this is a big of a nightmare to do if im buying more of these boxes for family or friends.

think i may have worked out what im doing wrong. The update 06/13 looks like the first firmware update which has a heap more files and requires pressing the upgrade button on the device. Will check when i get home but looks like i need to install this update first followed by 06/17 and 06/26 before i can install 07/24.

Would be great if we could get this all done via OTA updates as this is a big of a nightmare to do if im buying more of these boxes for family or friends.

Thats exactly what I did... I applied all updates starting with the 06/13 to restore the box.

nightmare trying the first version 06/13 but having no luck getting the device into recovery mode. Hold the button down for 10 seconds but i dont get any blinking on the LED lights just boots normally out of ideas..

no blinking etc on the box tried so many times now. Formatted the card again (fat32) even did it via the android box itself. The card can be read by the box however no joy with recovery mode.

Could it have anything to do with the fact the card is 64gb its the only one i have...

Is there any other way to initiate a reboot into this recovery mode?

i had trouble with a micro sd card, one was fat formatted (by default) and it didnt work, i tried several cards, make sure that by default is fat32 (not exfat or fat) .... when the card doesnt get recognized you wont get into recovery (thats what happened to me)

Hello everyone. I have just purchased an atv582, after a great experience with the atv520. I have successfully updated my atv582 manually to the following firmware versions:

Uboot ver 20140521.163417

Kernel Version 3.10.33

Build number V0001M801_20140723

I don't think this is the latest version. I have downloaded the most recent manual FW files (not OTA) but when I go through the 'upgrade' app with the files on my SD card the box just reboots to a black screen, and sits there for many many minutes until I pull the plug (I waited 15min bc I didn't want to brick..). I plug it back in and it boots happily to the above version. I can't seem to boot into recovery mode. And so three questions to all of you brilliant and kind folks out there:

1 - Am I doing something wrong trying to boot into recovery mode? Why the black screen?

2- Can someone tell me, is the the latest version, not including the OTA update? I do not want to do the OTA update just yet, as I have heard there are issues with it.

3 - the latest changelog from Justin says that the new FW supports PS3 controllers - through bluetooth? Or wired? How can I set this up?

Okay that's a lot of questions for now.

Many thanks

Saddie

Canada

I downloaded the firmware to a SD card instead of cache! it works fine now and I am a happy camper. I am now upgraded.

XBMC still has issues as reported earlier, kernel usage has been optimized on this build.

Pretty good experience so far, but will report findings later.

Steady as she goes :-)

Looking good guys, thanks!

Build number V0001M801_20140723 is the one released on 7/24

i´m also going to wait and not apply the latest OTA update, prefer to do it manually....

The firmware should be on the device for you to do it manually. It's the same, well almost ... I used the upgrade application after the automatic download. My file size is 354.56 MBs and I ensured that the file wasn't corrupt as before as I had other downloads running and didn't really pay attention and did a few unscheduled reboots.

@ kicsrules:

Thanks for the info. But I think my Uboot version is outdated, compared to the latest released, right?

@Dlangejc: Are you saying I should copy the FW files off of the SD card and put them onto the internal storage, then run the 'Update' app?

Does anyone here know how to put this thing into recovery mode? Holding the reset button and plugging it in doesn't seem to be working for me... can't get to that text based menu..

@ kicsrules:

Thanks for the info. But I think my Uboot version is outdated, compared to the latest released, right?

@Dlangejc: Are you saying I should copy the FW files off of the SD card and put them onto the internal storage, then run the 'Update' app?

Does anyone here know how to put this thing into recovery mode? Holding the reset button and plugging it in doesn't seem to be working for me... can't get to that text based menu..

You must have the original firmware that came with the unit, since you cannot get into recovery mode

You must download the files and follow the instructions located here: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1591

Then upgrade to this file: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1611

Then you can upgrade to this one: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1710

From there you should now receive OTA updates from now on, including the one from 08/01 thats available.

I know this is a lot to follow and to do, however this has been a long process to get to where we are based on the first batch of 582s we brought in. We delayed new shipments till we could get to the 07/24 firmware version, which is now being offered on our new shipments of the ATV 582 and 1800 which we received over the last week.

I downloaded the firmware to a SD card instead of cache! it works fine now and I am a happy camper. I am now upgraded.

XBMC still has issues as reported earlier, kernel usage has been optimized on this build.

Pretty good experience so far, but will report findings later.

Steady as she goes :-)

Looking good guys, thanks!

Sorry can you elaborate on what the issues your having on XBMC still?