Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 07/24 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

Still no extended IR support with this update?

Thanks

Engineers are still looking into this.

However they are reluctant, due to it being confusing for customers. So it might be released just as a beta file for those who wish to use it.

That would be awesome Justin!

BTW I don't think it would be confusing since if you don't use it you wouldn't even notice that is there.

Similar as Microsoft implemented windows media keyboard and remote, both available by default.

Thanks

The main firmware update installed and looks good, but the uboot part of the update just turns the screen black and nothing happens. Is it an important part of the update?

The main firmware update installed and looks good, but the uboot part of the update just turns the screen black and nothing happens. Is it an important part of the update?

You must install the Uboot first, and then the firmware update

The Uboot file is important to load.

Hi

The cropping and aspect ratio and dimming issues in XBMC on 720P will be fixed this week. As well as the Launcher problems that have been reported.

Will be posted in the downloads section once ready.

Well the dimming issue is also on 1080p and 1080i.

It,s dimming with background.

So with alot of darkness in it for example the mouse arrow or subtitles are dimmed and then suddenly in the next scene going up very bright.

Well the dimming issue is also on 1080p and 1080i.

It,s dimming with background.

So with alot of darkness in it for example the mouse arrow or subtitles are dimmed and then suddenly in the next scene going up very bright.

Yes the dimming issues should be fixed with an updated version to the XBMC Mygica edition

720p settings in dashboard and xbmc reporting 1080 resolution, i cant change xbmc resolution and probably thats why cropping occurs... looking forward for the fix

Well the dimming problem is not xbmc related i guess because i use 13.2 and it also occurs in the menu. It, s like you set your smartphone brightness on automatic but it, s not clearly notified, only at night it, s annoying

Well the dimming problem is not xbmc related i guess because i use 13.2 and it also occurs in the menu. It, s like you set your smartphone brightness on automatic but it, s not clearly notified, only at night it, s annoying

This sounds more like a screensaver setting in XBMC that makes XBMC go to Dim mode after not being used for awhile, and for some reason it wont get out of Dim mode.

If you go into XBMC and then over to System - Appearance - Screensaver - Then on the right hand side you should see "Screensaver Mode" highlight this option with your remote, and select "OK" and now select "None"

From now on, while in XBMC it should no longer go into Dim mode.

Justin,

Can we ask for a safely remove USB Mass storage devices feature upon shutdown in the next firmware update?

Either automatically when the shutdown button is pressed or the button on the box is pressed?

I dont know why nobody has implemented it yet.

Thanks!

Justin,

Can we ask for a safely remove USB Mass storage devices feature upon shutdown in the next firmware update?

Either automatically when the shutdown button is pressed or the button on the box is pressed?

I dont know why nobody has implemented it yet.

Thanks!

If you power it down (shutdown) you can unplug you external storage since there is no more data transferred.

That sounds valid, maybe change my behaviors a bit here, as I lost a my file system due to incorrect shutdown.

What kind of storage device was that?

Did you unmount it under settings/storage and did you wait for message that it unmounted before unplugging it?

Sorry Justin. Dimming adjust problem is srill here. It, s the software not xbmc for sure

Sorry but I do not receive these problems, and have not gotten any other customer complaints in regards to this.

So it seems like it is an issue with your box itself and not the software.

@lifeisfun I shut the device down with my USB attached external NTFS hard drives. my girlfriend usually just shuts it down via power without shutting it down properly. Sometimes it still downloads when she does it.

Sorry Justin. Dimming adjust problem is srill here. It, s the software not xbmc for sure

I don't have this problem either, are you sure it's not your tv's mode that adjusts the brightness?

i dont have the same issue though, but i have the cropping after standby

just for reference here´s another picture... this is netflix after waking from standby 720p mode

eyyW2yX.jpg