Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 07/24 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

Justin

Is this the change log?

1.Fixed sometimes no boot screen problem.

2.Reduced the time of entering into recovery mode.

3.Fixed can not wake up from standby mode.

4. Several special 4k/2k videos can smoothly play now

5. Fixed DLNA(media center app) can not exit problem.

6. The external storage can be detected easier and faster on the USB near Ethernet port..

7.The external USB mouse wheel can work in Browser application.

8.Added navigation for Blue-ray video playback, can play the files directly with default video player.

9.Added video capture function for some 3rd party applications.

10.Optimized HDMI and applications compatibility.

11.Optimized system stability.

12.Fixed other bugs.

Have not seen that, can you let me know where you got that from?

Justin,

How long does the OTA firmware update take to install? Longer than regular? Mine has been on the MBOX logo for about 10 minutes now.

Justin,

How long does the OTA firmware update take to install? Longer than regular? Mine has been on the MBOX logo for about 10 minutes now.

I just installed mine within 3-5 minutes

Not sure why its stuck on that for you.

It's still on the MBOX screen. It installs it from the internal NAND memory? Can see the network light flashing and the MBOX logo shows activity.

It's still on the MBOX screen. It installs it from the internal NAND memory? Can see the network light flashing and the MBOX logo shows activity.

Try unplugging the unit then?

This is the first time we are doing OTA updates. Just grabbed 2 Brand New ATV 582s from our warehouse, and once I connected the internet to them, after about 10 minutes I got a notice to do an OTA update.

Didn't get any ota updates notification, even after reboot, any ideas?

Try going into the software updates menu, turning off the Automatic setting, and then select check for updates.

Did a restore factory settings in the meantime as the OTA didn't go as smooth as I anticipated.

Had a few issues, black screen of death a hang state or two but monitoring as I go along with setting up the box again.

Build is V1001m801-20140801 now so I'm upgraded.

XBMC is a bust as it leaves me in a black state and hangs the box.

Didn't get any ota updates notification, even after reboot, any ideas?

Try going into the software updates menu, turning off the Automatic setting, and then select check for updates.

Thanks Justin, did that but will try again

Edit:

OK, disabled automatic update, rebooted and then the manual update from network worked fine :)

Did a restore factory settings in the meantime as the OTA didn't go as smooth as I anticipated.

Had a few issues, black screen of death a hang state or two but monitoring as I go along with setting up the box again.

Build is V1001m801-20140801 now so I'm upgraded.

XBMC is a bust as it leaves me in a black state and hangs the box.

Ok keep me updated

But I am not sure what this means... "XBMC is a bust as it leaves me in a black state and hangs the box"???

Do you mean XBMC doesnot load up for you at all? Let me know

The box freezes totally when going into XBMC and really doing anything resource intensive. It's unresponsive and hangs and I need to pull the power adapter and cycle power to get it working again.

The screen just goes black after the XBMC logo. Same behavior when I download a few apps at a time from the Google playstore.

Could it be that the firmware was maybe corrupt? I had to use the recovery console to clear the cache and reverted to the old firmware. I then applied the firmware prior the OTA firmware via software update menu loading the SPI loader and then the normal firmware, all good I'm BACK ....

Just in time for the girlfriends series viewing time ... :-)

Similar problems; doing the OTA put be back to a recovery console and unable to recover... can you post the firmware for those of us who are having problems with the 0801 OTA (should we have a new thread as well to discuss issues?

i have a weird issue trying to flash latest firmware using 64gb microsd card formatted as FAT32. It finds the files looks like it begins the update process and then just boots back into the OS without actually upgrading anything?

Any ideas? I also dont see anything under OTA updates

i have a weird issue trying to flash latest firmware using 64gb microsd card formatted as FAT32. It finds the files looks like it begins the update process and then just boots back into the OS without actually upgrading anything?

Any ideas? I also dont see anything under OTA updates

What was the last update you loaded onto your box?

As you need the 07/24 updates first before you can load this new once.

Since there was a new kernel version and firmware changes made to the last update.

isnt 07/24 the latest version? Sorry confused a bit here what version are you saying i should be using first?

Also what format does the micro sd card need to be in and is 64gb card ok? I can see the files on the box with the file browser but as i said before each time i try and flash it, it just reboots and does nothing it appears.