Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 07/24 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

Well Justin, think it, s the tv. It automatically dims with dark scenes and can, t shut it off.

Think ir, s a Samsung thing

Try using the box on a different television first to confirm this

i dont have the same issue though, but i have the cropping after standby

just for reference hereĀ“s another picture... this is netflix after waking from standby 720p mode

eyyW2yX.jpg

We will have the cropping issues in XBMC fixed with our next update. I got an update on August 1st which fixed the cropping issues, as well as the launcher issues people were having, however there were some animation errors on the launcher, which need to be fixed, so plan to have this out next week.

We will also be adding Google Certification in another update coming soon, don't have a date on it yet, but it it supposed to make Netflix stream HD, not sure on exact HD playback though should at least be 720P, not sure if 1080P is possible since it seems Roku has rights to 1080P streaming on Netflix for set top boxes if am not mistaken, I will know more soon in regards to Netflix HD. Other features should be added as well.

You can find Geniatech listed as a Google Certified device now

https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... 31?hl=en#G

Look under "G" and you will find Geniatech, the Google Certification applies to the ATV 582, ATV1800 and ATV 1800E since they are all built on the same OS and Kernel, other models might be included, but these are currently the only Quad Core models that we carry in North America.

Geniatech which are the makers of all Mygica products, is the first Chinese Manufacturer to receive Google Certification on Media Player/Smart TV boxes which are powered by Android.

Is it possible to flash any custom firmware from Freaktab?

Since other boxes run the AMLogic S802 chipset as well, I am sure this might be possible.

However I would not recommend it since it could possibly damage your box and render it unusable.

Thanks Justin, great news BTW. I have some weird HDMI (?) issue with my Sharp TV, on my six yeard old 720p Sony LCD I have really a brilliant picture in all aspects, 1080p Sharp (bought last year) is lacking in color vibrancy and displays distorted black (it goes to green) in some menus. I have tried different HDMI inputs and HDMI cables without any significant result.

Thanks Justin, great news BTW. I have some weird HDMI (?) issue with my Sharp TV, on my six yeard old 720p Sony LCD I have really a brilliant picture in all aspects, 1080p Sharp (bought last year) is lacking in color vibrancy and displays distorted black (it goes to green) in some menus. I have tried different HDMI inputs and HDMI cables without any significant result.

If you go into the display settings menu, you can change the output resolution, this way you can try different resolutions to see if this will fix your problem

thnx justin, also just a request if it can be made.... under xbmc i cant change resolution, can this be changed ?

Since the ATV 582 is built on a 1080P kernel, that is the output resolution it is going to display in XBMC, that is why the setting to change it is locked.

This is the reason why people are getting the cropping issues in XBMC when they are using it on a 720P only television, because its trying to output to 1080P, however this will be fixed in our next update.

Custom roms are cool however I don't see any reason to resort to any of them as I am happy how as matters are addressed. The last rom has 1 or 2 issues depending on your use of it but it's damn stable and reliable and there are no reboots etc as reported by some of the other users on other S802 boxes.

Congrats on the Google Certification, good news indeed.

I am experiencing a strange issue when a leave my box unattended when the tv is off. It looks like the box reboots itself with a MBOX boot screen. It interrupts my downloads and closes all of the opened programs. I thought it might be something to do with power saving. Any one else with this issue?

I tried installing a "stay awake" app but that didn't work. It looks like the TV cannot find the box once handshaking should be done via HDMI.

This always used to work fine.

The display cropping issue also is happening when the box is set to 4K output also. There really needs to be a setting in XBMC that the user can change as some users will want only 480 output, and others 4K output. (not certain what version of firmware/software was on the box at this time)

I have been having some freezing issues when pressing the stop button in XBMC when a video is streaming (playing). I have found this freezing to be eliminated if I go into the video settings within XBMC and turn off libstagefright and MediaCodec, but leave amcodec turned on. (under the hardware acceleration settings.

A few things I have noticed.

1) I usually leave my unit on, but turn off the TV... When turning TV back on, I get the MBOX logo and then it takes me to the main launcher. XMBC usually has to be started twice before it works, or sometimes will have to re-boot unit (maybe loss of HDMI signal puts the box into a funny state)

2) Customizing the launcher to add applications to front screen, usually results in multiple instances of the application in the tiles

3) Plex works (which is great ! )

4) I also got the OTA notification yesterday, but I ignored as I hadn't seen anything in the forum about an OTA update.

John

I am experiencing random Ethernet disconnects, LAN icon disappears and the box will immediatly reconnect again. DHCP/Static IP, no difference.

Hi guys

Yes they pushed down a OTA Update as per my request. Sorry but I didn't make a post about it yet, since it was a Civic holiday this weekend here in Canada, and I just got back to work today.

Notable changes to this update:

1. It will overwrite your apps and settings, including XBMC. Make sure to backup everything before taking the update. Future updates should not do this, since looks like we have made the necessary changes/fixes to XBMC and the Launcher.

2. Fixed the Launcher issues that everyone was having

3. Fixed the cropping issues people were having in XBMC, when being used on a 720P television or 720P resolution

4. There are other changes as well, however I have not gotten the full change log from the engineers yet, once I get it, I will post it.

Thanks

Justin

i just got a msg in the screen about an update, is that an update OTA ?

Yes we should be pushing OTA updates now for all future updates now.

We should be posting the announcement of one before we release it.

I made a post already in regards to the changes, its within this thread.

A few things I have noticed.

1) I usually leave my unit on, but turn off the TV... When turning TV back on, I get the MBOX logo and then it takes me to the main launcher. XMBC usually has to be started twice before it works, or sometimes will have to re-boot unit (maybe loss of HDMI signal puts the box into a funny state)

2) Customizing the launcher to add applications to front screen, usually results in multiple instances of the application in the tiles

3) Plex works (which is great ! )

4) I also got the OTA notification yesterday, but I ignored as I hadn't seen anything in the forum about an OTA update.

John

Here is response to your questions

1. We are aware of this, made the engineers aware of this, they are working on removing the MBOX logo screensaver.

2. Launcher issues have been fixed in the latest OTA update.

3. Good to hear.

4. I made a post in this thread in regards to the OTA update.

Justin

Is this the change log?

1.Fixed sometimes no boot screen problem.

2.Reduced the time of entering into recovery mode.

3.Fixed can not wake up from standby mode.

4. Several special 4k/2k videos can smoothly play now

5. Fixed DLNA(media center app) can not exit problem.

6. The external storage can be detected easier and faster on the USB near Ethernet port..

7.The external USB mouse wheel can work in Browser application.

8.Added navigation for Blue-ray video playback, can play the files directly with default video player.

9.Added video capture function for some 3rd party applications.

10.Optimized HDMI and applications compatibility.

11.Optimized system stability.

12.Fixed other bugs.