Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 07/24 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

@Justin,

Wondering if you could chime in here with what seems to be a common problems with the OTA update.

There are a number of us with similar problems with getting the OTA update work.

After getting what @kasmca gets in this post- viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1711&start=130#p3880 (internal card full) and you cancel it takes you to what @kicsrules gets in this post - viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1711&start=130#p3876 (recovery screen), also similar to what @scottymac reports in the prior post.

Right now the only way I know to get out of this and back to the 7/24 update is the start back and re-load all the updates in sequence. I've already done it twice and really don't want to go through again.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

John

@scottymac - a USB mouse works for me too on the recovery menu. The scroll wheel scrolls, albeit awkwardly. If the cursor jumps around a lot just hold the mouse super still and wait for it to stop scrolling, because any movement of the mouse will trigger scrolling.

The display resolution setting in XBMC is greyed out. It is detecting the wrong video resolution. The video resolution is set correctly in the android settings, but is not the same in the XBMC setting.

Can you enable the settings box in the XBMC settings menu for the correct resolution can be set?

When i listening radio with the box (like tunein) it all goes well when i turn the tv off.

It keeps playing but when i turn tv on it stops.

All tv hdmi settings are turned off.

How can i prevent this?

The display resolution setting in XBMC is greyed out. It is detecting the wrong video resolution. The video resolution is set correctly in the android settings, but is not the same in the XBMC setting.

Can you enable the settings box in the XBMC settings menu for the correct resolution can be set?

I am looking into this

Thanks

Hi Justin, could you please ask the devs to look into the MBOX screensaver?

It needs to be disabled ..

Thanks in advance

Yeah, I agree, it sucks :mrgreen:

Hi Justin, could you please ask the devs to look into the MBOX screensaver?

It needs to be disabled ..

Thanks in advance

Ok it is noted

Thanks

i think there should be a new thread for every update.... i haven´t had time to play long enough on the box to see which bugs/glitches or adjustments need to be made with the new OTA update, at the moment it has been stable ...

i think there should be a new thread for every update.... i haven´t had time to play long enough on the box to see which bugs/glitches or adjustments need to be made with the new OTA update, at the moment it has been stable ...

Yes I will be re doing all of the forum sections for each of our models, to make things easier to find for everyone. And will also have different feedback threads for each update we put out.

Just an observation and further confirmation on a previous post a few pages back. Using 720p TV. Definite improvement on the earlier cropping issues prior to the latest August OTA update. Much Better - Thank you. However, as mentioned the XBMC setting not allowing you to set your correct TV setup (1080i / 720p) etc. It defaults to 1080. The adjustment in Android section working perfectly, but no option in XBMC. The result is the following: If you have a 720p TV, there is a black bar (approx. 1cm) at the top and bottom of the picture. I presume due to the 1080 forced setting in XBMC

Plex working well with the new OTA update, but with the bars on 720p setup

Thanks to all developers and forum members for continuous feedback and assistance in getting the OTA update sequence sorted. Could not have done it without the feedback in this forum!

Just an observation and further confirmation on a previous post a few pages back. Using 720p TV. Definite improvement on the earlier cropping issues prior to the latest August OTA update. Much Better - Thank you. However, as mentioned the XBMC setting not allowing you to set your correct TV setup (1080i / 720p) etc. It defaults to 1080. The adjustment in Android section working perfectly, but no option in XBMC. The result is the following: If you have a 720p TV, there is a black bar (approx. 1cm) at the top and bottom of the picture. I presume due to the 1080 forced setting in XBMC

Plex working well with the new OTA update, but with the bars on 720p setup

Thanks to all developers and forum members for continuous feedback and assistance in getting the OTA update sequence sorted. Could not have done it without the feedback in this forum!

This has been suggested a few times on here, I have made note of it and will have it started to be worked.

This is something that can be worked on for XBMC, however not sure if it can for PLEX since we cannot modify that app.

Justin,can you please confirm there were no LAN changes in the latest firmware? The box is still disconnecting, don't think I had this issue with the previous firmware. Thanks.

Justin,can you please confirm there were no LAN changes in the latest firmware? The box is still disconnecting, don't think I had this issue with the previous firmware. Thanks.

There were no changes in regards to the LAN on our latest firmware.

May I suggest trying a different port on your router, and also a different Ethernet cable perhaps?

Justin, how do you set back the launcher options where it give you which launcher to choose. I set it to always boot in Mygica launcher and now I don't know how to set it so the launcher options appear. The remote isn't very responsive when selecting launchers under more settings > Home > launchers.

It also freezes with this latest updates, there are so many bugs that need to be worked on, so annoying and upsetting.

Try static IP as well.

Justin, how do you set back the launcher options where it give you which launcher to choose. I set it to always boot in Mygica launcher and now I don't know how to set it so the launcher options appear. The remote isn't very responsive when selecting launchers under more settings > Home > launchers.

It also freezes with this latest updates, there are so many bugs that need to be worked on, so annoying and upsetting.

Now when I read all this, I would probably reset the box and reflash FW.

Justin, to demonstrate some of the issues I am currently having making the XBMC application not usable, please try in your lab to test the unit connected with the composite video connection. I am currently connceted on one TV with 480 resolution. In the android setup pages, 480 is selected. When XBMC is run, the menus for XBMC display properly, but once you try to stream a video from any application, the video is not cropped properly and is distorted, or magnified. This is with the (newest) pushed down firmware. This is with the MYGICA customized XBMC. I have tried the XBMC builds from the XBMC web site with the same results. Currently I have gone back to the MYGICA XBMC and am awaiting a new update to be able to once again use the box. Please confirm you are able to duplicate this problem.