Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/ 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

This is our feedback thread for the latest 09/16/2014 ATV 582/1800E Firmware File which was just released as an OTA Update over the internet and straight to your box.

The Announcement and Release Notes for this latest update can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1893

Please let me us know your feedback

Thanks

Justin

+1 kicsrules

Funny thing... I remove Facebook app, try the new firmware for a while then when I reboot Facebook gets pushed back.

I try again uninstalling Facebook, I reboot and it gets pushed back again :) kinda like a virus you can't get rid of

The QuickBoot app just restarts the device when I click on PowerOff

Can I get the 13.2 XBMC app?

Thanks

Running pretty good on 09/16, really fast and stable.

XBMC now works excellent and multi tasking also good.

Netflix looks better ... Almost HD

Thanks!

I find the support for these boxes very questionable. The update is clearly not working for some people and nothing has been said. Any new information about these boxes is very vague.

I have also submitted months ago that my atv520 is dead any never even received a email back about my issue.

Don't get me wrong, I love these boxes but its really hard to talk them up to other people when the support isn't there like some other boxes on the market.

Sorry just venting!

I will check with China to see if the 09/16 OTA update was taken off, but it shouldn't have been taken off the server.

I have asked already for the firmware to be provided to me so I can post it up for download here for anyone that wants to load it manually. Should have it by Monday, since it is there weekend over there right now.

I find the support for these boxes very questionable. The update is clearly not working for some people and nothing has been said. Any new information about these boxes is very vague.

I have also submitted months ago that my atv520 is dead any never even received a email back about my issue.

Don't get me wrong, I love these boxes but its really hard to talk them up to other people when the support isn't there like some other boxes on the market.

Sorry just venting!

I am very sorry that you feel this way, however I am not sure why you do?

I feel we have one of the best support teams around when it comes to similar products. Since we released the ATV 1800 and 582, we have had numerous updates come out for it, and each one we have released has fixed many issues from the the one before it.

We rely on comments and feedback from our customers on here and our dealers to help make our products firmware better, and I personally relay everything back to our engineers in China whether its a big or small issue.

We have a Toll Free # in North America, Live Chat, Email and this Forum, all to help out our customers

In regards to your ATV 520E, send me an email to support@mygica.ca and I will help in getting it taken care of for you.

Justin - any idea why some of us arent able to get the OTA 09/16 update (automatic or manual)?

Might have been pulled due to something I picked up myself on XBMC, which was add ons being pre installed and informed them of this. So they must have taken it off the server.

Will let everyone know once I hear back from them.

I feel we have one of the best support teams around when it comes to similar products. Since we released the ATV 1800 and 582, we have had numerous updates come out for it, and each one we have released has fixed many issues from the the one before it.

We rely on comments and feedback from our customers on here and our dealers to help make our products firmware better, and I personally relay everything back to our engineers in China whether its a big or small issue.

We have a Toll Free # in North America, Live Chat, Email and this Forum, all to help out our customers

In regards to your ATV 520E, send me an email to support@mygica.ca and I will help in getting it taken care of for you.

Justin

Global Moderator

Which myGica model(s) I own or useÊ”: atv 1200

Well I think my main reason for thinking this is because I sent a email months ago about my ATV520E being dead after doing a update and I never heard back. That was my first product from you guys so not a good start.

Another reason I think is because we are given time lines for things and they are usually late. I totally understand that giving a time line on things related to technology is hard to do but I would rather not have my hopes up at all for a certain time or features coming to the box. Example would be the last update. We were told it was a certain week then it comes out the week later(only to some users), and still no work as to why only some users got the update and others did not.

Another would be the whole GMS thing. I've read tons on this box becoming GMS certified soon but no idea when that is going to be. For all we know there could be a new box out before then. This may have been the top reason why I bought another MyGica box with hopes it would get better from my ATV520E experience.

Again, I know this sounds like I don't like the product but that would be completely wrong. I love the box! I just think the communication to the users could be more clear.

Thanks for listening!

Justin

Global Moderator

Which myGica model(s) I own or useÊ”: atv 1200

Well I think my main reason for thinking this is because I sent a email months ago about my ATV520E being dead after doing a update and I never heard back. That was my first product from you guys so not a good start.

Another reason I think is because we are given time lines for things and they are usually late. I totally understand that giving a time line on things related to technology is hard to do but I would rather not have my hopes up at all for a certain time or features coming to the box. Example would be the last update. We were told it was a certain week then it comes out the week later(only to some users), and still no work as to why only some users got the update and others did not.

Another would be the whole GMS thing. I've read tons on this box becoming GMS certified soon but no idea when that is going to be. For all we know there could be a new box out before then. This may have been the top reason why I bought another MyGica box with hopes it would get better from my ATV520E experience.

Again, I know this sounds like I don't like the product but that would be completely wrong. I love the box! I just think the communication to the users could be more clear.

Thanks for listening!

Sorry if we did not respond to you, if you have that same email that you sent, forward it to support@mygica.ca and I will check my archived messages to see why it was overlooked. I will take care of this for you, just send me another email.

As for the time frames on new firmware updates, I try not to give dates, as I am essentially the main contact with our Engineers in China for North America, so I must rely on them to do all the fixes etc that I make them aware of for the the line of Mygica products that we are promoting and selling here.

Sometimes things take longer then expected, and I am sorry for this. We are constantly trying to always make our products work better and improve any and all features that we have available to us, as well as adding any new features we can.

The GMS firmware release is still coming, don't worry. I ask weekly for updates in regards to this from China, and there last update to me stated I will have a beta file to try very soon, with hopes of releasing it officially next month in October. This is something that has never been done before when it comes to Chinese Smart TV Media Player Boxes powered by the Android OS, so therefore a lot of work is going into this, to make sure everything is done right.

In regards to some users getting the update and others not, I made a post in this thread about an hour ago in regards to this.

Hope I have covered all of your questions and concerns in regards to Mygica products.

Thanks

Justin

Thanks Justin,

I did email that email today(someone else posted it earlier) and got a response. I don't imagine much is going to be done now because it has been so long and who knows where I put the receipt for it.

Thanks though!

Thanks Justin,

I did email that email today(someone else posted it earlier) and got a response. I don't imagine much is going to be done now because it has been so long and who knows where I put the receipt for it.

Thanks though!

Yes one of our staff responded to it and corresponded with me on it.

Just keep in contact with them through email, they will help you in getting a unit replacement.

I just want to say how I was wrong about support.

The support for MyGica was absolutely fantastic. I had a dead box and probably had it for just under a year and I was able to switch it for a new working one for free. I should have just asked on the forums back when I had my problem and not use the contact form on the website. Again I can admit when I am wrong.

Thanks Justin for getting me to contact support through email and helping me get my issue resolved.

I would recommend MyGica to anyone!

thought mine did update but guess not still at 4.2

tried to update from sever but says no update available mine is at 20140718 currently

rebooted the box tried everything

is the update offline ?