Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/ 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

alright, the xbmc pop up appears everytime you load xbmc or just once ?

Was just once for me

But my other testers reported it happening randomly

Justin, who can i contact with to change my atv852 unit?

It has constantly overheat/freeze problems with the lastest firmware and i havent be able to install the september update following your instructions (mygica white screen freezes)

I bought it on ebay, to a certified mygica reseller of hong kong two months ago, and i dont have any ticket :(

But the atv is 100% original, for sure. I can give any serial number to prove it and i keep having the box with the warranty manuals,etc.

Thank you.

Justin, who can i contact with to change my atv852 unit?

It has constantly overheat/freeze problems with the lastest firmware and i havent be able to install the september update following your instructions (mygica white screen freezes)

I bought it on ebay, to a certified mygica reseller of hong kong two months ago, and i dont have any ticket :(

But the atv is 100% original, for sure. I can give any serial number to prove it and i keep having the box with the warranty manuals,etc.

Thank you.

Try contacting the seller you bought from on Ebay, or you can contact sales@mygica.com

I was finally able to apply the 09/06 update file.

Basically had to get my ATV582 back to 07/23 firmware update as detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1853

Once I was on that version, it got an OTA update to the August firmware and following that I was able to install the new 09/06 uboot and firmware update via Local update.

Not sure why I couldn't install the 09/06 uboot or firmware previously, but taking my box back to a much earlier firmware and bringing it back to current fixed my issues.

applied update to latest 09/06 FW, working great, the mouse button only appeared once (in full screen apps), no issues at the moment..... anyways still with xbmc can playback iptv channels (only with MxPlayer) probably an issue with the internal DVDplayer of xbmc :/

its not reading your sd card

I had an issue like that before clean the contacts format it with mygica then load file from computer to sd card then try it in again on your mygica should be good after that

@symmies - Once again, when you go into the 'local update' section, and there are no files showing, press the 'menu' button 8-9 times on the remote, and the files should show up.

Yes guys I spoke with them last night, and they informed me the OTA update has been turned back on, and the firmware file update is now dated 09/25.

All the same changes apply as per this announcement post. Remember in order for the new XBMC 13.2 Mygica Edition to install, you must factory reset for this.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1893

@mac_guy6, go to settings > advanced settings, then backup and reset

@justin so there where changes after the the 09/06 fw ??

Only changes were minor ones to XBMC

could you post them ? (changelog) or was just the pop up ?? ´cause i just upgraded and seems ok

Was the popup in 09/06

And then the pre-installed add ons in 09/16

So only minor things

I just did the update and now my box is blinking at the Android 4.4 kit kat screen. Where it says 4X + 8X.

Is my box bricked? Been flashing this screen for about 10 minutes now.

I removed the sdcard that was in the slot and now it just boots to the loader screen.

Is there a file I can load to get my box working again?

I can't find any documentation that can help me.

Thanks!

All the same changes apply as per this announcement post. Remember in order for the new XBMC 13.2 Mygica Edition to install, you must factory reset for this.

Hi Justin, installed the new OTA just fine, but I want to update XBMC... can you clarify on how to do the factory reset ? I see others referring to recovery mode, but I don't think that is what I want.

Thanks

John