Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/ 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

I am having the same issue with my update, I tried to download the new firmware using my box on my external SD card but can't get it to finish downloading. I have formatted my SD card using my computer and also using the box itself and still when I click OK to download, it starts download but that's it. I waited as long as 1 hour and the arrow key is still showing that's it's downloading my file. I also tried to find the software here on the site to download it manually and put it on a SD card but your download section doesn't have the latest software from September for my ATV582. I have checked my internet connection and it's working just fine and also I have rebooted the box several times.

Could anybody tell me what I am doing wrong here. Thank you

I'm having the same video issues as others when I play high quality streams (720p or 1080P) in XBMC. the picture gets blurry with horizontal bars/lines when the people move. It Gets really annoying and unwatchable. I have to lower the quality to SD to make it tolerable.

Justin any idea on when the fix will come in for the high quality video issues? someone mentioned something about the kernel?

Nothing, you just don't have to reset the device to default before the latest ota to have this installed.

You just install it over the 13.1 version

Just tried OTA update. Still had aug firmware on it. automatic update showed nothing switched to manual update checked and boom there it was the sept one. It gave me a message that the sd card needed formatting and asked if I wanted it to do it, I clicked format, ok, it reset looked like things were going good then it came up with errors and a screen with choices

@slowikc regarding blurry HD videos, I have this problem occasionally. I find skipping forward (right arrow on big circle on remote) and the skipping back (left arror on big circle on remote) generally fixes it.

kasmca

Same issue here with me.

Also long loading times in the evening.

By the way the wi fi connection works better than wired utp connection. (speed test wired is faster)

Just tried OTA update. Still had aug firmware on it. automatic update showed nothing switched to manual update checked and boom there it was the sept one. It gave me a message that the sd card needed formatting and asked if I wanted it to do it, I clicked format, ok, it reset looked like things were going good then it came up with errors and a screen with choices

[attachment=0]error screen.jpg[/attachment]

Now the remote won't work, it doesn't respond to anything I do. I unplug it and plug it back in and comes right back to this screen.

The remotes batteries are not dead. What can I do?

Plug in USB keyboard, wired or wireless

Download this zip on micro sd http://mygica.com/download/update_Mygic ... 140906.zip

Flash it from the recovery you see on your screen, after you are back in android do the OTA again.

Guys, i need help !!!

my ATV582 keeps booting to recovery screen all the time, i tried to use "apply update from EXT" after copying this file "update_Mygica_ATV582_20140906.zip" to the newly formatted ( using SDFormatter) SD card, but it gives this error after few seconds

Finding Update Package

Openeing Update Package

Verifing Update Package

E: footer is wrong

E: signutre verifng failed

Installation apported

the i tried to extract the 2 image files from this package ( ATV 582-1800E Firmware Files.zip ) to the SD card, and selected the MyGica 23-07-2014 file but again it gives the same error shown above,

not sure what to do now, is it SD card problem or device problem.

i just baught the device from 1 week ago!!

Sherif

thanks Justin and lifeisfun

Ok i will re-download the file again , and re-format the SD card using sd formatter with FAT32 .

but i have 2 more questions please,

1) i found some notes about renaming the file to update_Mygica_ATV582_20140906.img instead of update_Mygica_ATV582_20140906.zip , does it make any difference?

2) should i extract the zip file on the root of the SD card, because i left it as a zip file ?

3) should i clear the cache before using "update from ext? " option ?

Thanks in advance

anyone knows how to access the box via ftp ?

There should be an app that comes pre installed now on the box.

Called FTP Server, you can use this app to access the box via FTP and your PC.

Is anybody else having problems downloading the latest firmware. whenever I use one of the links in the thread I get a "Not Found" message

Not Found

The requested URL /download/update_Mygica_ATV582_20140906.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Were can I get the upgrade from as the OTA doesnt seem to work for me either :-(

Capture.JPG.d021973d0a62fdc5d63ccf99d17233ff.JPG

At the moment non of the links for manuals or firmware seem active on the support page at "http://www.mygica.com/html/Support/ " at the moment. Does anybody know when these will be working again ?

MyGica Store is great but I love Play Store even more, but sadly that it seem not to be WORK on my ATV582 with the newest firmware. Can not add new Google Account, and Play Store still stuck at the loading screen, anyone please help me with this problem?