Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/ 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

I was given a demo yesterday of the new Android L TV OS working on a ATV 1800. Was preety neat!!!

Nice tease Justin! ... now the question is will you share it? :lol:

I was only shown a demo, they would not even allow me to take a video..lol

So therefore I do not even have the firmware to even try this for myself.

As Google has not given the official release date for this yet.

But I can confirm it works.

Hey guys I have the atv582 which came with the xbmc 13.2 preinstalled.

I'm having troubles with updating the box or understanding if i need to update the box. First off I can not get the "automatic OTA" update. I have yet to been prompted for it. I can however get the option to upgrade over the network to the 9/25 release if I de-select automatic updates and click the manual upgrade OTA button. From there though a prompt pops up stating my internal SD does not have sufficient room and I must either make room on it or reformat it. I have not tried either because im worried about bricking this thing. Am I missing something? is this OTA update different from a firmware update? The Box works fairly well.....it does hang often in xbmc which requires a power cycle from time to time. Get many "unable to open script" errors with different addons but I assume that is all on the xbmc side of things. Any ways can someone give me a idea on what steps I should take to upgrade this properly? Thanks in advance.

Here is the system info that I found under the "about device" screen in the settings menu.

Android Ver 4.4.2

Uboot Ver 3159fa2(20140718.155435)

Kernal Ver 3.10.33

Build #20140801

you can use another sd card that has enough space to update your firmware, just under update make sure you select external sd card to download the OTA (instead of cache), after you install the OTA make a factory reset (this will erase all the info on the box, even files you placed there so make sure you make a backup), and after this you box will be up to date, the last fw update was minor fixes to xbmc ...

I did a factory reset through the settings page before I tried the manual OTA update but it still said I had no room on the internal SD. Im confused since I only got the box this summer and have not installed or added any other apps or media to it other then what came preinstalled.

Anyways I'll try what you said kicsrules and hope for the best.

@Justin, could you ask them to add additional display options for 24hz?

Still something that has to be done by AMlogic.

So we have to wait for it.

There is a way to clear the cache so you can take the OTA update, when it is giving you the message of Cache Full.

If you go into Recovery Mode, either by using the Reset button, or the Quick Boot Recovery app. Clear the Cache from there, and then reboot the box.

This will allow you to take the OTA update without using an external SD card.

I will post up a How to Video on this, if you guys require this.

Justin ,tronsmart , minix and eny m8 have 24hz opcion in setings all on same platform amlogic s802, somebody make addon in xbmc to display refres rate to mach video,we all need that addon in xbmc do u can do something about that??? i wait new rom with latest sdk i hope they will do something fast,ty.Markocc

I can however get the option to upgrade over the network to the 9/25 release if I de-select automatic updates and click the manual upgrade OTA button. From there though a prompt pops up stating my internal SD does not have sufficient room and I must either make room on it or reformat it.

This is caused, because the ATV582 downloaded the OTA update to the internal SD card, but due to the MBOX screensaver, the update process never kicked in. The app that does the update process isn't written very well at all, so it wont let you re-use what it has already downloaded and there is no easy way to clear the space that is taken up. You end up with a box you cannot update with the update app and will not take OTA updates.

I had to reflash my box back to the initial firmware and work my way back to current because of this issue as I ended up with a bricked ATV582 by choosing the 'format' SD card option that the update app gives you and bricked the ATV. I would not suggest choosing that option, but your mileage my vary.

You could also change the location of where the update app's cache is, to an external SD card, this will allow the update to download to an external SD card. This option is available in the update app.

When you are updating, you cannot change input on your TV/Amp and you cannot turn off the screen, due to the MBOX issue of earlier firmware otherwise the same issue will happen again.

The Sept 25 firmware has fixed the MBOX issue finally.

Justin ,tronsmart , minix and eny m8 have 24hz opcion in setings all on same platform amlogic s802, somebody make addon in xbmc to display refres rate to mach video,we all need that addon in xbmc do u can do something about that??? i wait new rom with latest sdk i hope they will do something fast,ty.Markocc

Yes I am aware of this. But i have read feedback threads on the 24hz setting being used, and have read nothing but bad feedback in regards to this, even though most put in there release notes that it is a BETA Version.

Can you post a link as to what xbmc add on your referring to?

I can get this added as well if there are users who are in need of this, but from what I know it is currently not stable, as amlogic is still working on making it better.

I am not getting any automatic updates and when I try to manually update I get ConnectServiceFail message. I am using ethernet hardwires.

I'm not sure if this feedback forum is only for update or general feedback. performance is very good for the price. Remote is not very good. Wish i could have fwd, rwd, play, pause, stop, etc... Programming my Harmony One was very painful. I can't figure out how the remote works (either the original or Harmony) when using Crackle. I leave my atv520e on all the time because it's easier to setup my Harmony. I find that if Mygica is not used for awhile, the remote functions seem very inetrmittent for the first few minutes after that it works normal.. Youtube also doesn't work. It launches but the remote does nothing?

Very good box but my ten year old apple tv 1 is tsill more stable and user friendly with a remote. I should add that I only use XBMC I 'm sure the other capabilities of the My gica are good for those who use them.

Thanks for listening and please let me know how I can fix my OTA updates. I started with 4.1.2 and succesfully updated to 4.2.2 by downloading the files and following the instructions.

I am not getting any automatic updates and when I try to manually update I get ConnectServiceFail message. I am using ethernet hardwires.

I'm not sure if this feedback forum is only for update or general feedback. performance is very good for the price. Remote is not very good. Wish i could have fwd, rwd, play, pause, stop, etc... Programming my Harmony One was very painful. I can't figure out how the remote works (either the original or Harmony) when using Crackle. I leave my atv520e on all the time because it's easier to setup my Harmony. I find that if Mygica is not used for awhile, the remote functions seem very inetrmittent for the first few minutes after that it works normal.. Youtube also doesn't work. It launches but the remote does nothing?

Very good box but my ten year old apple tv 1 is tsill more stable and user friendly with a remote. I should add that I only use XBMC I 'm sure the other capabilities of the My gica are good for those who use them.

Thanks for listening and please let me know how I can fix my OTA updates. I started with 4.1.2 and succesfully updated to 4.2.2 by downloading the files and following the instructions.

I presume you are talking about ATV582 (if not you are on wrong section)

Download this to your external MicroSD

http://mygica.com/download/update_Mygic ... 140906.zip

Do manual update using the update app, let it finish and then try OTA again.

Yes the remote sucks but if they add support for external IR keyboard using Harmony will be joy since you'll be able to customize any keyboard commands to the remote.

Like some others, I'm ready to put this box through a window. Downloaded the file as you suggested, copy file to 8gb microSD and insert the micro SD into the slot on the Mygica. I click the icon that says Upgrade ( two swirly arrows) and select upgrade from local. It flashes a very quick message box which I can't read and then my only selection choice is " Back".

Like some others, I'm ready to put this box through a window. Downloaded the file as you suggested, copy file to 8gb microSD and insert the micro SD into the slot on the Mygica. I click the icon that says Upgrade ( two swirly arrows) and select upgrade from local. It flashes a very quick message box which I can't read and then my only selection choice is " Back".

Did you format the card in your 582 first?

If not do that and then download the file on the card.

Yes you'll be able to install the latest version after using OTA update.

I have read all of your posts, and you are posting in the wrong section

You are using a ATV 520E, and are posting in the ATV 582 section. You have upgraded already from 4.1 to 4.2 it looks like

We do not have any other firmware updates after the 4.2 update. And we do not offer OTA updates on the ATV 520E, which is the reason why you keep getting the error messages that your getting.

We only offer OTA updates on our Quad Core models, you are using one of our Dual Core models

My sincere apologies. I'm usually a pretty smart guy. I have an ATV520E. :roll: So I'm in the wrong place. Still disappointed that I may not be able to upgrade to the latest.

As I stated in my other message since you mentioned you already upgraded to 4.2, that is the latest release available for your ATV 520E

I have received latest OTA upgrade. upgrade went fine.

I have found few bugs:

- I cannot make cec working. how I can check is it working?

- USB drive with ext3 partition isn't mounted automatically. I'm able to mount it manually.

- XBMC cannt access windows shares. while file manager browsing shares fine. Luckily firmware supports CIFS, so i've mouted share on local folder.

sometimes xbmc doesnt let me browse windows shares, make sure that on windows put "anyone" in the list and remove the firewall, also reboot pc and the box...

with smb usually i just reboot the android box,... this happens to me when browsing via wifi