Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/ 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

thought mine did update but guess not still at 4.2

tried to update from sever but says no update available mine is at 20140718 currently

rebooted the box tried everything

is the update offline ?

Our Quad Cores have never been at 4.2, only 4.4. so I am not sure which firmware you are on?

tried to update from sever but says no update available mine is at 20140718 currently

is the update offline ?

Our Quad Cores have never been at 4.2, only 4.4. so I am not sure which firmware you are on?

The quad core 580 is stuck on 4.2.....

The latest OTA upgrade on 582 still not working

is the update offline ?

Sorry you were posting on the 582 forum, so you had me confused.

And when you say the latest OTA upgrade on 582 still not working, do you mean not available for updating from the server?

will the update be here tomorrow and will it have gotham 13.2 with it to add

I will inquire tonight again to get the latest on the OTA update, however China is going on there National Holiday from Oct 1st to the 6th, so not sure if they will be available.

And yes this latest update has Gotham 13.2, but you must factory reset for this to install, as we have set it up like this from now on, so XBMC will no longer be over written.

Sorry you were posting on the 582 forum, so you had me confused.

And when you say the latest OTA upgrade on 582 still not working, do you mean not available for updating from the server?

Yes, the OTA update is still not available from server.

China is on National Holiday from Oct 1st to 6th, so I am currently unable to get in touch with any of them, since none of them are working right now.

They are 12 hours ahead of me, so therefore they started there holiday yesterday since they are half a day ahead of me.

Sorry guys, just going to have to be patient on this one, as there is nothing I can do this week.

Installed it and now my ATV582 stucks on "Mygica Seeing a beliveing" white screen.

I tried everything: factory reset, installing previus firmwares, boots, and got the same fatal result :cry:

Bored of this tvbox.

Worked perfectly fine for me on 6 boxes and I have many more to do, so you must have doing it wrong.

Just put the zip file on external microSD card, do manual update and confirm reboot.

People just wait for Justin.

Don't complain because of your own impatience.

I, m not going to use this file

I guess you missed that this download is from official mygica server ...

Worked perfectly fine for me on 6 boxes and I have many more to do, so you must have doing it wrong.

Just put the zip file on external microSD card, do manual update and confirm reboot.

That is exactly what I did.

It reboots then the screen goes blank and stays like that. I am then forced to pull the power cable after a while and then it boots back into the old version.

That's exactly what i did (with factory reset because i read that it was needed to update xbmc to 13.2).

:(

Well i don, t know if this is the latest one, but otherwise i will wait for justin.

You have to back up you, re xbmc data in xbmc.

Than delete xbmc

Do a factory reset

Install the update

Restore you're xbmc add ons from within xbmc

Wezman, It requires a factory reset to see any update (Mygica store, XBMC 13.2 & so on).

I can't say why Justin didn't publish this version and he may have an upgraded version to provide us later this week.

If your box runs fine and you don't want to risk anything, better wait for the next firmware or automatic update.

Myself was too impatient to try it and as it was an official version, I have shared it on this forum.

That is exactly what I did.

It reboots then the screen goes blank and stays like that. I am then forced to pull the power cable after a while and then it boots back into the old version.

Re-download the zip file and try different card and let it format in the device first

i´m going to wait for justin to post the fixed file, this fw was pulled because needed some polish, there was something wrong with this update

only thing wrong with the update was the xbmc had addons on it

but still best to wait for the official release that way if the box bricks they will help you get it fixed and or replaced

I to am waiting for the update from Justin or the OTA

China is back to work on Wed.

So therefore I cannot get any files or news updates to the OTA update till then.

There is nothing wrong with the 09/06 firmware available for download on mygica.com, I have used this myself and works fine, just has one issue on XBMC where there is a pop up button that you need a mouse to select it.

I am not sure why some of you are having issues loading this file that you have downloaded, because as long as you use a FAT 32 SD card, and the upgrade app to load Local Files, then you should have no problems, just make sure you load the UBOOT file first, and then the firmware file.