Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/ 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

Just had the ota update.

Device is soooooo slow now.

Alsk can't delete Facebook because everything is installing again after a reboot.

But it, s soooooo lagy

i get ota update 9.25 but u all miss something this update is not from last sdk amlogic sorce kernel is old .problem with codec ,just vvideo quality is not good ,this i big problem low video suck , i hope they will do something about that or i will sell my box ,and never bay mygica device agan !!!xbmc video is not good ,i test this with mashup addons demon88 1080 movies. justin?

Thanks for the help.

I manually installed the 0906.zip and then did a factory reset and it booted up fine.

I haven't tested it too much but seems to be running fine now. XBMC is updated as well.

i get ota update 9.25 but u all miss something this update is not from last sdk amlogic sorce kernel is old .problem with codec ,just vvideo quality is not good ,this i big problem low video suck , i hope they will do something about that or i will sell my box ,and never bay mygica device agan !!!xbmc video is not good ,i test this with mashup addons demon88 1080 movies. justin?

Am sorry but I am having a hard time understanding your post.

Is there a problem with playing 1080P movies in XBMC?

Thanks for the help.

I manually installed the 0906.zip and then did a factory reset and it booted up fine.

I haven't tested it too much but seems to be running fine now. XBMC is updated as well.

Great, now you can do the latest OTA update.

I manually did the upgrade, but I do not see any of the new apps like the Mygica app store or the new XBMC

When I check the settings it looks like the correct firmware is install?

They dont use latest amlogic sdk?in xbmc video interlacing problem (vertical lines) Interlace video ,sry on my bad eng .i will try to put some photo

http://i57.tinypic.com/e9cayw.jpg http://www.100fps.com/distortion2.jpg

Doesn't so it every time but hella annoying

Go to IceFilms Addon

Select OTHER from the list

Select POPULAR

Select the video called;

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 HD

Source [MR]HD Full , or go to mashup hd movies demon88 u will see ,is not all time but some times is so so... :evil: .this is not becouse version xbmc .

this is becouse they use old kernel scource ,i hope they will update new rom soon !

is not related to Hardware ,Media ,XBMC version or resolution all about sources they've used in the Latest 2 FW

i hope they will update fw with kernel based on latest Amlogic SDK (2014-08-23)

Markocc

They dont use latest amlogic sdk?in xbmc video interlacing problem (vertical lines) Interlace video ,sry on my bad eng .i will try to put some photo

http://i57.tinypic.com/e9cayw.jpg http://www.100fps.com/distortion2.jpg

Doesn't so it every time but hella annoying

Go to IceFilms Addon

Select OTHER from the list

Select POPULAR

Select the video called;

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 HD

Source [MR]HD Full , or go to mashup hd movies demon88 u will see ,is not all time but some times is so so... :evil: .this is not becouse version xbmc .

this is becouse they use old kernel scource ,i hope they will update new rom soon !

is not related to Hardware ,Media ,XBMC version or resolution all about sources they've used in the Latest 2 FW

i hope they will update fw with kernel based on latest Amlogic SDK (2014-08-23)

Markocc

Ok thanks for sharing the info

I will pass this info along, only makes sense to upgrade to the latest SDK version from AMlogic

I manually did the upgrade, but I do not see any of the new apps like the Mygica app store or the new XBMC

When I check the settings it looks like the correct firmware is install?

You need to factory reset then, will re install all the new stuff

i used to have the blurring/vertical lines effect, after some tests i found out that this happened when the stream/buffer was delayed by the wifi connection, when you dont have a good link connection to the movie it happens... thats the only way to replicate the issue, sometimes it starts ok and then if there is some interference (wifi) and the wifi connection slows a little bit it starts happening...

hi guys sorry for my ignorance, but where can I get the link for the latest firmware update

thanks

Do OTA upgrade from the upgrade app in your app drawer.

Thank you to Justin, and everyone on this fantastic forum for always posting suggestions etc.

I have upgraded to new ota firmware successfully (09/25). I didn't update earlier in September and have been running the custom MyGica XBMC that came with the updated MBOX logos (and new interface).

I had plex add-on running with no problems there. Plex installs with this new update - but fails to launch (shows script error). I sooooo badly wish for plex to work. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I did do a full factory re-set as explained on this forum for the new firmware installation.

I am happy to report that the weird black bars are gone - so that appears to be fixed on my 720p TV. Thank you in advance

I will be hands on with the engineers from Wed to Sat as I am in China right now

So I will for sure bring up all of the video playback issues that everyone is experiencing with our Quad Core models so that they can address them accordingly.

Thanks

Justin

thnx for all the help justin, no issues over here (except with xbmc ffmpeg for iptv streams), also it would be a great thanksgiving gift (i know its almost a month and a half from now on) if by that date the gms version of the firmware is released :)

thnx for all the help justin, no issues over here (except with xbmc ffmpeg for iptv streams), also it would be a great thanksgiving gift (i know its almost a month and a half from now on) if by that date the gms version of the firmware is released :)

I will try and address everything.

Will be given a demo of GMS firmware this week as well, will try my best to take a video of this to show everyone on You Tube

I was given a demo yesterday of the new Android L TV OS working on a ATV 1800. Was preety neat!!!

I was given a demo yesterday of the new Android L TV OS working on a ATV 1800. Was preety neat!!!

Nice tease Justin! ... now the question is will you share it? :lol: