Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/ 09/16 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

MyGica Store is great but I love Play Store even more, but sadly that it seem not to be WORK on my ATV582 with the newest firmware. Can not add new Google Account, and Play Store still stuck at the loading screen, anyone please help me with this problem?

Make sure you have good internet connection to the box.

I have received latest OTA upgrade. upgrade went fine.

I have found few bugs:

- I cannot make cec working. how I can check is it working?

I'm unable to get CEC working either. TV buttons on the remote (power/volume-up/volume-down) don't seem to be doing anything.

Any news on this, Justin?

Otherwise I must say this update has been impressive. This box (I'm using a 582) plays anything I can throw at it - probably as well as any other HTPC I own. Heavy XBMC skins that choke my lower-powered hardware - Hybrid for example - are really smooth on it. Pretty impressive.

It's just CEC that seems to be failing me.

I have received latest OTA upgrade. upgrade went fine.

I have found few bugs:

- I cannot make cec working. how I can check is it working?

I'm unable to get CEC working either. TV buttons on the remote (power/volume-up/volume-down) don't seem to be doing anything.

Any news on this, Justin?

Otherwise I must say this update has been impressive. This box (I'm using a 582) plays anything I can throw at it - probably as well as any other HTPC I own. Heavy XBMC skins that choke my lower-powered hardware - Hybrid for example - are really smooth on it. Pretty impressive.

It's just CEC that seems to be failing me.

Have you turned CEC on under the Adavance settings menu?

Have you turned CEC on under the Adavance settings menu?

Justin

I have indeed. I've toggled all of the settings there "on". I've also made sure CEC is operational on my AVR (which is usually what has its volume changed via CEC - worked with my rPi, previously). Attempting to change volume within XBMC yields the standard "passthrough audio in use" message without changing the actual volume; and the three CEC buttons on use remote don't seem to do anything.

For additional testing, I enabled CEC on the TV (SimpLINK - it's an LG) and connected directly to the TV. No go: those three remote-control buttons don't do anything to TV volume in that case, either...

Is there something else I've missed?

As (another) aside: performance from the 582 positively kills the Pi. It's unbelievable. Stability has been good too.

For the video-interlacing-after-seek issue, doing a further seek normally sorts it out first time: so while it'd be nice to get a proper fix, at least it's easy to work around.

I'm a happy camper so far.

[XBMC] FrequencySwitcher addon for Amlogic S802

I have amended the FrequencySwitcher addon posted on MINIX forum to remove the check whether it is MINIX device or not so now it should work for every Amlogic S802 device - tested so far on M8N with JustMe 1.2 ROM and Tronsmart Vega S89 with the latest official rooted ROM.

It is required to grant the write permissions to /sys/class/display/mode file like

Code:

#!/system/bin/sh

chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode

script.video.fswitch131mod.zip that man removed checker for minix, We all need that addon to work on atv1800 or atv582 xbmc i hope u will make rom bethere and plz use latest sdk from amlogic and put that in rom to work on mygica devices that addon is grate look on minix forum about that ,i hope u will realise new rom fast ,2 monts go away plz .justin plz look that u will see is future rom must have that(We all wants best video q)ty.Markocc

For those who don't know the switcher:

This is a Frequency Switcher.

It currently supports switching manually (via mapped key) or automatically between refresh rates for these resolutions:

- 1080p - 24hz, 50hz and 60hz

- 720p - 50hz and 60hz

There is a settings page to configure the frequency that specific source framerates automatically switch to.

:

Installation instructions:

In XBMC:

- Programs

- Get More...

- Install from zip file

- select the downloaded (unextracted) .zip file

Auto-switching is not enabled by default. You will need to configure first then restart XBMC.

The configuration menu can be found under Programs - Addons - Frequency Switcher.

Open via OK on the remote, Enter on a keyboard, or Left Click on mouse (not via the Context menu - Addon settings).

if you are trying to control the tv with the mygica remote, you first need to configure it with your oem remote (check the manual)

Doh! I read the printed manual that came with the unit on unboxing, but the 'IR Learning' section (that's clearly in the downloadable version) was missing!

Working great now!

Between the 'TV' buttons controlling Volume on my AV Receiver, and the extra Pause/Stop/T9-Searching I posted about (here: http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2091 ), I can currently fully operate XBMC and my Receiver with just the MyGica remote. Much better.

I'm used to CEC on the Pi (or via a CEC Pulse-Eight adapter on my HTPCs) which is actually upstream (that is, from media box to display device/Receiver). Here it looks like it's the opposite.

Thanks!

As a side-note, I was having YouTube issues (no videos would play) so I swapped over to the mainline version of Kodi/XBMC straight from kodi.tv . YouTube still didn't work - that turned out to be an issue with the XBMC YouTube addon - there's a fix on their forums here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=79487&pid=1837417#pid1837417, which I can confirm works on the ATV582.

The official mainline version of XBMC works just fine (it also produces the occasional interlace video issue); but it appears 720p displays aren't properly supported; since the image within video playback gets cropped. I'm assuming this was specifically fixed in the MyGica version. No issue when the box is set to output at 1080p. Other than this, I noticed no differences between the official mainline and the MyGica versions of XBMC.

Reducing YouTube buffering as per the 'Recommended XBMC Cache Settings' advancedsettings as per here - http://www.htpcbeginner.com/fix-raspberry-pi-xbmc-buffering-issues/ - seems to be working OK for now.

Yes the new Frequency switcher is something I have seen and asked to be added to our next update of XBMC. Looks like a very good feature to have within XBMC

This next update will also be the new Kernel update which fixes the Video Interlacing issues and also add 1080P-24HZ support.

This next update will also be the new Kernel update which fixes the Video Interlacing issues and also add 1080P-24HZ support.

Can't wait. I've just realized that optimal 3D playback on my projector actually requires 24Hz output for the least amount of 3D flicker (in HSBS/HOU 3D movies for instance) via display tech called Triple-Flash. I currently can't do this and both 50Hz and 60Hz produce a lot of 3D-glasses flicker.

So initially, this won't be built into XBMC itself but will be available in the main Settings screen (where 50Hz/60Hz are already available), right? (That'd be fine by me to start off with...)

Any ETA on this release?

Thanks, Justin!

I was given a file last week, that has the LIVE TV fixed in XBMC, and also fixes the interlacing problems and adds 24HZ output.

But there was a problem with the Ram on the 1800E, so cannot release it.

The main issue with this new update, is if we release it as an OTA update, since there is so many changes due to the kernel update which fixes the interlacing problems, that it will factory reset everyones box. So I think we have no choice but to offer it as a manual update.

A lot of people are waiting for both of those features: so if it's operational on the 582 with no deal-breaking issues, why not put it up as a 582-specific manual update? Even if you class it as a 'Beta' release for now? I'd love to try it out. And I don't mind taking a bit of risk (and doing a re-set-up of my box) to do so... :-)

Sorry but I can't post this current release right now till the issue is fixed.

The 582 and 1800E both use the same firmware, so if 1/2 are not working then I cannot release it

Justin, on the current OTA 9/26, I do also notice that the box will hang if left it on the main launcher screen and then turn off the TV/Receiver... more often than not when I turn back on the TV, the box is frozen and I have to pull power to reset.

Justin, on the current OTA 9/26, I do also notice that the box will hang if left it on the main launcher screen and then turn off the TV/Receiver... more often than not when I turn back on the TV, the box is frozen and I have to pull power to reset.

Why not turn off the receiver at the same time of turning off your TV?

I don't do this myself, since I have left my box on for over a month without issues.

Are you running and back round apps that might cause your box to freeze up?

wallerjs, if you're not using CEC, switch it off in the settings screen and see if that helps? It's possible the box is responding unexpectedly to the power-off CEC command sent from the AVR/TV.

thanks... what is CEC ?

Also, I do shut off receiver and tv.... but leave mygica box on... not aware of anything running in background, will check.

Press the settings button on your remote and you'll see there's an option to turn CEC off.

Then restart the box and try it like that for a bit to see if it still freezes.