Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 07/24 Firmware File Upgrade **FEEDBACK**

@esc0bar Have you tried wifi in the meantime on the current firmware as an intermediate solution or workaround?

Also do you get disconnects on LAN?

Justin, to demonstrate some of the issues I am currently having making the XBMC application not usable, please try in your lab to test the unit connected with the composite video connection. I am currently connceted on one TV with 480 resolution. In the android setup pages, 480 is selected. When XBMC is run, the menus for XBMC display properly, but once you try to stream a video from any application, the video is not cropped properly and is distorted, or magnified. This is with the (newest) pushed down firmware. This is with the MYGICA customized XBMC. I have tried the XBMC builds from the XBMC web site with the same results. Currently I have gone back to the MYGICA XBMC and am awaiting a new update to be able to once again use the box. Please confirm you are able to duplicate this problem.

Ok noted. Will try it here myself as well.

Looks like there's no way back :

"**THERE IS NO GOING BACK TO OLD FIRMWARE ONCE YOU INSTALLED THIS CURRENT VERSION**

We use LAN at our office for all units that we are testing, including the 1800 and the 582 and it works fine. So I am not sure why you are having this issue, and we have not had any other reports of this either.

Maybe the next update will work better for you.

I got mygica582 with new firmware a guy I know set it up, a couple of issues I would like to know how to fix, on the home screen where it says apps and settings when I go into application then exit the favorite apps on the home screen are doubled or moved around, second in application if I want to change a home screen app I am suppose to hold down the OK buttonon the app in applications then switch it to home screen, example youtube on home screen I want to change it to browser in application, so when I go into application I have to hold down the OK button and be able to put browser on the home screen in youtube place but when I hold down OK button it just opens the app

thanks in advance

sorry about that i have to hold the OK button on the home screen and i tried 10 times and it only worked 3 out of 10 with different apps. i also noticed when i read Help in application some of the words are fuzzy when i'm scrolling down

sorry about that i have to hold the OK button on the home screen and i tried 10 times and it only worked 3 out of 10 with different apps. i also noticed when i read Help in application some of the words are fuzzy when i'm scrolling down

Which firmware version are you using?

I keep coming back hoping.... The current MBOX logo kicking you out of XBMC and killing the network connection when you switch display is a real big problem for me. However the stability of the box is much better apart from this problem so I think next firmware I will be very happy.

That MBOX screen saver is really ... really destruction at best. I also lose all of my downloads or change HDMI inputs and it invokes. I agree the firmware is stable apart from the screensaver and I am happy ... Just this part that's killing it for me.

Yes engineers are aware of the Mbox screensaver, having it removed on our next update, along with other fixes and changes.

Justin, did you get time this week to try the box connected via the composite video connection in your lab? (480 resolution, Just wanting to know if you experianced the same issues as I have when viewing XBMC streams)

Justin, did you get time this week to try the box connected via the composite video connection in your lab? (480 resolution, Just wanting to know if you experianced the same issues as I have when viewing XBMC streams)

No sorry I haven't, only on a LCD TV using RCA which worked fine for me. I have to go to a friends house to try it on a CRT Tube TV, since I do not have one of these and hard to find people with them anymore in my area.

If 480 using the composite output (yellow RCA jack) is working for you, then I must have a configuration setting issue. I get the same connected to a LCD or a tube TV using the RCA jack in 480 mode. Nothing connected to the HDMI jack. (my test video was using the Rifleman (Gunfire episode) video from the MeTV addon. (Video, Addons, MeTV, The Rifleman, TheRifleman - Gunfire)

When you go to system information screen in XBMC, (SYSTEM, SYSTEM INFO, VIDEO) does it list the screen resolution as 480 or 1920x1080@60Hz? Are you using the latest pushed down update? Metro style launcher?

Initially when I purchased the box, it did display properly on the 480 TV. It is only since all the updates (including the latest pushed down update) that I have been having the configuration issue. I will keep searching for the setting.

Testing further I have come across another issue. My LCD display is a 16x9 display with a composite video input. Watching Netflix is fine. (Netflix from the android menu, not from XBMC) When connected to my 480 4x3 display ratio tube TV, the display has black bars on the left and right hand sides. This makes the image appear squished as it should fill the display with no black bars. I have not found an adjustment to set the display aspect ratio.

Folks - it seems that the box still freezes while in XBMC if left in XBMC during a period of inactivity (e.g. a couple hours). Only a hard reboot (unplug/replug) works. I'm on the latest firmware (e.g. the Aug 1 OTA).

Any ideas?

Justin sorry to keep asking but is there any news on the next firmware release? If its going to be much longer could you tell me which firmware I can safely flash back to?

Many Thanks

Going back and forth with engineers to send out a firmware which fixes a lot of issues, and also adding a lot of new things as well.

They came back earlier from holiday then I expected. So I will be working with them all this week to get things hopefully rolled out within 1-2 weeks.

I have read everyones feedback on all posts in our forum and also other forums and have passed everything along.

August 1st is our best release yet, however if you do not like our current version of XBMC 13.1, you can always uninstall it and install the latest version of 13.2 from XBMC.org till we release our version of 13.2

@Justin, do you know if they Netlfix HD issue is on the change log or can you relay the change log for us?

It wont be in this update

As they are working with Google still to add there GMS Certification and also optimize the Netflix app.

So for now this is still a work in progress, a lot has to be done for GMS.